Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Valawe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm

I just started my career and I think that I am doing quite well. I graduated with my Computer Science BS from Cornell in May and got a job as a software developer at a major Wall Street bank. I develop C++ Linux software for a High-Frequency Trading system, specifically trading in equities on the stock market. It is a great job, I go in and spend my day programming, which I love. I am well compensated for my entry level position, and my employer has and continues to spend lots of time and money to train me and advance my career. It's been great so far!!

zette
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 6:39 am

How do we nominate a thread to be sticky? Seems like this topic would be good to keep at the top of the forum.

DreamSofa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

Good for you, Valawe! Very impressive and I wish you all the best.

I'm fairly successful, I suppose: I have a middle-ranking job in the public sector, I support myself and live independently and have never had any kind of assistance or support for my Asperger's. I've lived in about 10 or so countries - most on my own, a couple with my family, speak a few languages and am working on my seventh university degree.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

I am amazed, DreamSofa.

I had my moderate successes so far: I work in a good job (technical support in a callcenter) and in a few weeks, I will be here for a year.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

BraveFace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2011, 9:45 pm

Hi, there, I'm just 20 years old, but I know exactly how hard it is when it comes to not only getting a job, but keeping one.

I've been on a few different job paths all of which, I've done pretty well at in the space of 5/6 years.

My first job, was as a part-time waiter for a catering company, As I was doing that, I became a professional dancer who co-founded a dance group that became no.1 in the uk for hip-hop dance in 2010. After some issues, that had arose in the group, some months down the line, I taught dance classes, up and down England, in schools, community centres, halls, etc From then after some time,
I got a job working in sales for a company who sold SKY TV packages (COMMISSION ONLY) - within a month or so, I got promoted to Team Leader and was training others to be on my team. After a few months, I learnt more about the company and the peers that I was with and concluded, that I should do something else.
I now currently, still work in sales but with another company who sells home insurance (BASIC WAGE AND COMMISSION) and within a couple of months, I'm one of the top employees. In the meantime, I'm setting up a small clothing line that runs alongside a dance agency that I help to manage also alongside my friend and business partner.

From reading this, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I just want to stress that there were periods where I was unemployed and in a world of debt (still am, but not as bad) and was in such a negative place, mentally. I must give ALL of the credit to JEHOVAH GOD who's really helped me to turn my life around. I believe, HE's equipped me with all of the skills, that i'd need to get by in this system of things and to provide for myself and my partner - comfortably. HE gave me the strength to overcome hardships, the dilligence to keep on going and also the dedication to stick at something and see it through to the end. As well as that HE's guided me to where HE thought i'd be able to work best, HE protected me from the negative influences, as since i've left the company who sold SKY TV packages - they've really gone downhill and have had to get rid of many employees, as well as many leaving out of their own accord. What are the odds, aye?

So having said this, JEHOVAH GOD deserves all of this thanks and praise.

I just wanted to share this, to help encourage and motivate others.

BraveFace

dogslife
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2011, 12:48 am

I work in marketing and have been at the same company for over 3 years, and have been promoted several times in that duration. It's been extremely hard to not quit through all of the mental overloads and social stresses I've been through at the company, but I have a very good support system in my family/friends so somehow I've managed to prevail.