Are there any non White Women or Women of Color who are open

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2011, 12:53 am

Are there any non White Women or Women of Color who are open to dating White Men I still like White Women but I just want to know.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 3:22 am

of course there are.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 8:45 am

blackcat wrote:
of course there are.

^ this.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 8:46 am

I'd like to add that there are probably not many who will be thrilled to learn that your primary attraction to them is their skin color...

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 9:22 am

mv wrote:
I'd like to add that there are probably not many who will be thrilled to learn that your primary attraction to them is their skin color...

Why? :?

Everyone has their "type." We can't help it.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 9:29 am

mv wrote:

also, this ^

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

all_white wrote:
mv wrote:

It's like saying 'I only want you because you're thin'
nothing to do with the internal.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 9:52 am

all_white wrote:
mv wrote:

we can definitely help what type we like. it changes naturally over time, or with new experiences, and consciously being open to finding attractiveness in a variety of people can help to change it too. i think that very few of us want the same "type" at age 13, 23, 33, 43...

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

emlion wrote:
all_white wrote:
mv wrote:

It's like saying 'I only want you because you're thin'
nothing to do with the internal.

The OP does not seem to be referring to anything internal. He is talking about his physical preferences. That is an entirely different thing from what's on the inside. He didn't start this thread to describe his ideal personality in a woman. He's talking about the exterior.

I really don't see the problem here. If someone said they preferred blondes or preferred larger overweight women or preferred skinny ones or they had a thing for green eyes or whatever, nobody would be bashing them in this way. As soon as anyone mentions skin colour, suddenly it's taboo and offensive. Why? What's wrong with acknowledging the things you are attracted to (physically) in the opposite sex? :?

Hyperlexian wrote:
we can definitely help what type we like

:scratch: That statement appears to totally contradict the next thing you go on to say:

Hyperlexian wrote:
it changes naturally over time, or with new experiences, and consciously being open to finding attractiveness in a variety of people can help to change it too. i think that very few of us want the same "type" at age 13, 23, 33, 43...

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:11 am

I don't see anyone "bashing" anyone...

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:16 am

It's all good. What does it matter what initially gets your attention. You will then be introduced to internal aspects and maybe interested more so.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:43 am

all_white wrote:
The OP does not seem to be referring to anything internal. He is talking about his physical preferences. That is an entirely different thing from what's on the inside. He didn't start this thread to describe his ideal personality in a woman. He's talking about the exterior.

I really don't see the problem here. If someone said they preferred blondes or preferred larger overweight women or preferred skinny ones or they had a thing for green eyes or whatever, nobody would be bashing them in this way. As soon as anyone mentions skin colour, suddenly it's taboo and offensive. Why? What's wrong with acknowledging the things you are attracted to (physically) in the opposite sex? :?

i'm all over that when people list other physical traits they are seeking in a partner. nothing to do with race, everything to do with pickiness and unnecessarily exclusive criteria.

Quote:
:scratch: That statement appears to totally contradict the next thing you go on to say:

uhhh, nope. just reinforcing what i was saying - a "type" can be flexible and is not fixed. in fact, it can be completely changed (whereas you were saying a person cannot help what they like). to go further, it isn't even necessary to have a "type", and many people do not limit themselves in that way.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

all_white wrote:
mv wrote:

Its a similar reason as to why asian women dont like going out with males that have a fetish for asian women.
They are expected to follow some sort of stereotype and most of them feel unable to live up to this expectations for personal reasons(Imagine someone expected you to behave"as an scotch"for a long period, you´ll eventually get tired of it and look for someone that accepts you as you are).

Most males that are concerned about skin tone is because stereotypes/they had a bad experience with someone from a different skin tone and they expect that things will change if they look for someone different and nobody would want to go out with someone if the other person´s motives were those.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 1:15 pm

Am I a man of Color btw?

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 1:28 pm

Depends on where you are.

In Africa, white people are colored.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm

I am half Asian and half Caucasian so I thought my opinion might be valuable here. Maybe it's not... I don't know, but here goes...

I am only attracted to Asians. Part of is physical -that's what attracts me- but the rest of it is cultural. I was brought up as if I were 100% Asian so I want a partner who has the same lifestyle, habits, values, etc. People often don't realize how much day-to-day habits and ways of thinking differ depending on one's culture.

I don't know WHY the OP prefers one race because they didn't elaborate. Is it just a physical preference or is there more to it? Either way, we all have what we prefer and there's nothing wrong with that, IMO. Live and let live. If anyone hates me for my opinion, oh well.