Are there any non White Women or Women of Color who are open

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

I'm going to use sarcasm here:

But since your avatar is a cat, that must mean you ONLY like cats! You're not a human being who enjoys other things in life! So I should immediately JUST want to talk about CATS with you! And everyone else with your skin color, too! They must also love cats! I'm sure you know EVERYTHING there is to know about cats and you won't mind if I follow you around obsessively and ask you a MILLION questions because I assume you are an EXPERT on everything that is CAT! And since you are an expert on cats, I want to date you so I can become an expert, too! You have other qualities you say? I don't care about those! I only want to date you since you like cats because somehow that will make me part of the cat "in-crowd" and my friends will be oh so impressed!

That is the situation that I am talking about.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

Yes yes, you poor thing. While people keep pestering you about anime the whole time you're thinking "DAMN YOU, can't you see there is something else you should be asking about?"
You wish to be questioned about ninjas,kung fu and chopsticks instead but NO, they just want to talk about anime because it's the "IN" thing to do right now. I'm sure the white side of you might want to talk about....whatever it is white men are into currently. Oh wait, isn't that talking about what non-white people are into? You're screwed, Kouzoku. I'm sorry.

Whispering
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2011, 6:09 pm

To the OP:

Why did you ask the question? I'm curious.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:03 pm

I think I didn't make my point clear somehow. Oh well.

ParadoxalParadigm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

This topic got so out of hand...but oh how I want to contribute to it, and so I shall :x

As a female of 'color' [and I say this loosely], I find this a very interesting question. As a black girl I'm expected to marry a black man and have black children...

Eh...

The truth is, whether we want to admit it or not, everyone has a preference. Not everyone realizes that because of their preferences, they automatically dismiss some people as potential partners, but it definitely happens. The above mentioned scenario is the farthest thing from my preference. The other truth is, a lot of people expect certain stereotypes from black women -- mainly the scenario from above. I've seen so many videos about black men saying that they don't want 'their' black women to 'go to the other side' because they want to create a pure race, which I think is complete garbage. Because of this nonsense, a lot of non-black men tend to steer away from black women. They automatically think, "Well, she wouldn't want to date me because I'm not black." So, when a non-black man says that he prefers to date black women or someone outside his race, for some reason he is labeled as 'narrow-minded' or only concerned about the outward image. No, no, no. This issue is actually very complicated and I suspect that very few people who answered this topic are actually black...

The one thing is, a lot of people want to date outside of their race, but because of social protocol, they are hesitant that the potential partner may not want to date outside of his/her race. To ask a question like, "Are you willing to date outside your race?" is actually a security-type question. It's basically saying, "If we get serious, will people's staring or rude comments dissuade you from taking a bigger step?" In that way, they don't want to have to deal with future rejection, so they make sure that the potential partner is someone who is not insecure about what 'outsiders' will say. Many inter-racial relationships that usually end up in failure are due to the fact that one of the two -- or both -- in the relationship succumb to the negative remarks and do not want to be ridiculed. So it is 'easy' to be in a relationship with someone of the same race -- because there is less stress surrounding it. So to me, the question, "Are you willing to date outside your race?" is like saying, "Are you willing to fight no matter what comes?"

In all honesty, I'm highly attracted to different races, but not ALL black men are out of the picture for me. This is perhaps because I grew up around black people for nearly half of my life and realized that my personality, ideals, and tastes are in a completely different field and a lot of it has to deal with my artistic side. And to be honest with you, I wish that more people were open about inter-racial relationships [in general, not just with white/black people]. For example, in connection with this particular subject, the scale definitely weighs in the favour of black men dating non-black women, but it's so rare to see a black woman with a non-black man. Whenever I see an inter-racial couple where the woman is black and her partner is non-black, it is, to me, so very beautiful.

Let me end this THIS way. A few years ago, when I was about...19 or so, my mother said to me, "You'll never marry. You don't like black men." To me, what she was actually saying was, "You're only good for black men, so why are you attracted to any other race? Other races won't want you." How narrow-minded...

Last edited by ParadoxalParadigm on 24 Jul 2011, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 3:26 am

<------ That's my wife in the picture with me.

I had no trouble at all dating women of other races, I just emphasized up front that I was not dating them out of some sort of curiosity thing but because I found them individually attractive. I did have a few black girlfriends that eventually got "weird" about the interracial aspect of our relationship, usually because of pressure from friends and family, but they got over it. In my experience it's Asian women that are the most concerned that you're dating them based on some sort of stereotype, I guess "dragon chasing" and "yellow fever" are a common affliction for other white men...