Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2011, 8:13 pm

Feminists have the right to everything. But are they responsible for those rights?

Here are the Pros about feminism:

1.They have more freedom,
2.they have the right for everything and anything,
3.they have more control in society and the "future",
4.etc.

Now here are the cons:

1.They tend to go a little too far,
2.they use their rights to get away with anything and everything,
3.in a minority of feminist women, they can be sexist and misandric,
4. "...just because men can't hit women, doesn't mean women can hit men."

Well there you go. I don't have a thing agaisn't feminism. I'm a pro-feminist. But ladies, I think you might tone down the cons.

OK? Peace. 8)

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 8:52 pm

I've found that if someone has to announce to me that they are a feminist, they've already told me they are out of their league. A real feminist (and this goes for all forms of belief systems or isms) doesn't need to announce it, they should let their actions speak louder than their words. The people that need to announce it are basically telling me I'm too stupid to understand her views unless I understand her background. Again, this is no different than with any other group, but you rarely see Christians loudly announce to people they meet that they are Christian. They may mention it in passing, but it doesn't get DIRECTED at the person they are speaking to. So a real feminist needs no literature, or charity, or any other way of proving she is a "real" feminist. Does she need to prove to me that she is a woman too? If so...I don't mind. :lol:

samsa
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

Response to the cons:

ConfusedDude wrote:
1.They tend to go a little too far,

Not sure what you're saying here. It isn't possible to go 'too far' when we are talking about equality.

ConfusedDude wrote:
2.they use their rights to get away with anything and everything,

Men have been doing this since, well, ever. Male privilege is ingrained, and the idea that women are 'using' feminism to get away with stuff is well, downright hypocritical considering the amount of privilege men enjoy.

ConfusedDude wrote:
3.in a minority of feminist women, they can be sexist and misandric,

I don't deny that this is the case (in a very minority,) but we can't deny the legions of misogynistic women (no, that isn't an oxymoron,) and, of course, men.

ConfusedDude wrote:
4. "...just because men can't hit women, doesn't mean women can hit men."

I don't think you'll find many feminists advocating wives beating up their husbands. Assault is assault, no matter who is doing the assaulting.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:06 pm

This is my view on feminism: women deserve to treated equally. Women can be just as a good leader as a man if they have the necessary skills for the job. I'm not going to vote some woman in power if she is a terrible leader. My generation has not fought for women's rights but I do appreciate what my grandmothers/ mothers generation has done for me

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2011, 10:13 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:
This is my view on feminism: women deserve to treated equally. Women can be just as a good leader as a man if they have the necessary skills for the job. I'm not going to vote some woman in power if she is a terrible leader. My generation has not fought for women's rights but I do appreciate what my grandmothers/ mothers generation has done for me
I never said anything wrong about feminism. And you're grandmothers/mothers of past generations must be very proud of you're accomplishments. By the way, I already put a thread about gender equality and women. Is called "No misogyny, No Misandry, AND NO MORE SEXISM!! !! !".

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:18 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:
I never said anything wrong about feminism. And you're grandmothers/mothers of past generations must be very proud of you're accomplishments. By the way, I already put a thread about gender equality and women. Is called "No misogyny, No Misandry, AND NO MORE SEXISM!! !! !".

I see, link me to your thread please :)

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2011, 10:18 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:
I almost forgot. Nobody is better than anybody. The only great leader here is GOD. The one that created all of us. :hail:

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:22 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:
I almost forgot. Nobody is better than anybody. The only great leader here is GOD. The one that created all of us. :hail:

No Thor is :) *starts a religious argument*

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2011, 10:23 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:
ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:

I see, link me to your thread please. :)
Here it is:WrongPlanet

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:
ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:

:? You're kidding, right?

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:
ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:

:? You're kidding, right?

I'd rather not, it wouldn't end :S

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:

Which one?

As for feminism, if the only things that feminists are going for is gender blindness - equality of gender in all things - then it is a Good Thing.

But if the person seeks legislation to provide advantages for women based on their gender alone, then that is Feminazism - a Bad Thing.

And if a person seeks to overthrow the current order and place women in all postions of authority, then that person is a Feminista - another Bad Thing.

Finally, if a woman insinuates herself into the life of a man just so that she orchestrate a fatal "accident" and inherit his wealth when he dies, then she is a Femininja - a Very Bad Thing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2011, 10:37 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:
ConfusedDude wrote:
Ashuahhe wrote:

I see, link me to your thread please :)
Here it is:WrongPlanet

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

Odd, to list the pros and cons of an equality-based movement, as opposed to the massive cultural, political, and economic inequalities it indicts and fights.

It's only July, and yet 2011 has been a record-setting year for state restriction of abortion rights and access to reproductive health care,
and the Supreme Court has made it clear sex discrimination is cannot be considered at work unless there's a policy promoting it in a manual.
At any one time, there are millions of women and girls being trafficked, sold, and held involuntarily in sex slavery,
and for all the modern crowing about women's successes in education and the work place,
the vast majority of leadership positions- cultural, political, and economic,
are held by men.
The higher the position, the more likely this is to be true.

Ludicrous, in this context, to conjure up a phantom feminism and then recoil in horror from it.
People who are obsessed with the concept of women who hate men (because we all know a feminist must be female)
are in fact not discussing feminism at all,
but sexism,
and for the egalitarian anti-sexist (that is, the feminist) little girls being sold to old men to "cure" their HIV is a bit more pressing of an issue than the occasional loud-mouthed woman in a bar declaring all men to be dogs.

:roll:
It's almost laughable, if not so absurd-

to his Interest."

Last edited by ValentineWiggin on 14 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Odd, to list the pros and cons of an equality-based movement, as opposed to the massive cultural, political, and economic inequalities it indicts and fights.

It's only July, and yet 2011 has been a record-setting year for state restriction of abortion rights and access to reproductive health care,
and the Supreme Court has made it clear sex discrimination is cannot be considered at work unless there's a policy promoting it in a manual.
At any one time, there are millions of women and girls being trafficked, sold, and held involuntarily in sex slavery,
and for all the modern crowing about women's successes in education and the work place,
are held by men.

Ludicrous, in this context, to conjure up a phantom feminism and then recoil in horror from it.
If you're so obsessed with the idea that those who hate men (because we all know a feminist must be female)
then you are in fact not discussing feminism at all,
but sexism,
and you've a lot to learn about the world if you think men endure the brunt of it.
It's almost laughable, if not so absurd.
:cry: ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M A BAD PERSON? BECAUSE I HATE SEXISM TOO :cry:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 11:01 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

are held by men.

If you're so obsessed with the idea that those who hate men (because we all know a feminist must be female)
then you are in fact not discussing feminism at all,
but sexism,
and you've a lot to learn about the world if you think men endure the brunt of it.
It's almost laughable, if not so absurd.
:cry: ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M A BAD PERSON? BECAUSE I HATE SEXISM TOO :cry:

Congratulations.

You're a feminist.

to his Interest."