Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 8:20 am

People say that a lot.

Just because you had a few bad experiences doesn't make you able to judge a whole demographic.

And if you've had a lot of bad experiences, look inward. It might not be them, it could be you.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 8:24 am

I think the last line is what most of us have a problem with tbh. Because most of the time its the case.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 8:33 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOgmf_Vb8S0&feature=related[/youtube]

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

I admit that I have gone on a lot of "men suck" rants but I know it's not true. I just get really frustrated with the lying and cheating and need to vent it out sometimes. I know there are good men out there, I'm friends with some of them. Most of them are either engaged or soon to be though. Oh well, I'll find mine one day. :heart:

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 8:58 am

I find it almost hilarious that there's nice guys closer than people think but they don't know it :wink:
[img][800:572]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i372/Simonono_Rogers/Alejandro-s-Sly-Face-egomouse-15356798-1661-928.jpg[/img]

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

It a bit like buying a flashy SUV then moan that parking/ reversing is a problem.
The truth is they are probably happy with the no good partner, they
just don't like his/her faults.

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
It a bit like buying a flashy SUV then moan that parking/ reversing is a problem.

This, a lot of the time.

Doesn't account for Cheating/Lying and outright abuse, but it seems true that most people actually choose to be with the manipulative and uncaring. People often say they want 'confident' and will use this criteria to choose an overbearing and disrespectful partner over the one who may stutter.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

K-R-X wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

This, a lot of the time.

Doesn't account for Cheating/Lying and outright abuse, but it seems true that most people actually choose to be with the manipulative and uncaring. People often say they want 'confident' and will use this criteria to choose an overbearing and disrespectful partner over the one who may stutter.

The numbers are on the increase. Hardship in by bygone era has kept numbers down because their offspring suffered, starved to death etc.

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

I don't know, I personaly think it's getting better. With computers and tech, the nice stutterer can demonstrate that they are an in-demand, valuable asset to society.

The nerd stigma today is 1000x less demeaning than it was in the late 80s, IMO.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

Geeks and network now because of the internet. And they may be perhaps less stigma.

But all in all, bad boys, players etc are on the increase because our modern environment makes it easier for them to flourish.
For a start, intelligence evolved out of a need to survive, is no longer needed as the less intelligent can survive. In
Victorian times, they wouldn't last a month.

Look at what they did to batman. In first movie, he would fly on his chopper waving hello, to various members of public.
He was a respectful 50s style gent. In the last batman, he has some seriously gruf voice and even his butler is become common
like someone from Peckham. And the joker, the one that won all those acting awards is not even funny, more like creepy.

Last edited by Aspie_Chav on 15 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

I could see that. The large metropolitan nature of society makes it easier for people to get away with cruelty, lying, cheating, etc that would have been impossible in a more close net community. The autonomy of the modern world that lets people like me thrive but also makes it possible for others to get away with behavior that would have been stigmatized and ostracized in smaller communities.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm

It really varies. Some people fail out and blame others because they have no introspect to see their own transgressions. Admittedly those who do to the best of their ability and still have no luck also realize that its pointless to criticize gender - criticize nature, criticize the essence of what 'life' is and the genes its based on, not much else is really anyone's fault unless we want to start blaming people for being alive.

I've heard NT's say before and I think they're right - we're all broken in our own ways and we're trying to find people who are broken in similar ways or, if that's not a good thing, at least ways where we can put up with and manage each other's flaws. AS is more a dealbreaker because of what it does to our outward presence and ability to trigger chemistry, its a mechanics of attraction issue I think more than a 'we're not good enough'.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin