Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
How do "social worker" and "lawyer" not require a degree?

Social Worker - Lower-level employees in this field learn how to ask questions, fill out forms, file paperwork, and generally act as assistants for higher-level social workers. Sometimes, clients with clerical experience are be hired into the system, and become social workers by default.

Lawyer - All that is required to practice law in most states is to pass the state's Bar Examinations. However, such a lawyer might not have many high-dollar clients, as they tend to gravitate towards lawyers with college degrees. Non-degreed lawyers may act as assistants to degreed lawyers.

But don't just take my word for it - check it out for yourself!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

DC wrote:
Best job I ever had - Rope Access work.

Most NT's that work in the area are a bit weird and on the fringe anyway so they tend to be more accepting of differences.

You work in small teams or even just pairs and people tend to form an opinion of you based around whether you are an incompetent idiot that will get them killed. This also means there is none of bullying/bitchiness/mind games etc that seem to plague every office.

Onshore work doesn't pay that well, but if you learn to weld and do some short safety courses you can work offshore and earn some good money.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 5:33 am

Cooking, or actually Baking specifically can be very good jobs for aspergulars.

Fine Dining restaurants specifically tend to value attention to details over speed. Bakers tend to work alone also, whether it be bread baking or pastry chef.

I'm a very physical aspie. I literally think with my fingers (and my nose) much of the time, and I have found few things more satisfying in life than making scones and biscuits: the breakfast pastries that you need to touch to understand how they are going to turn out. AS with "the touch" have a major advantage over baselines in baking ... being able to remember textural qualities of previous doughs, being able to recognize an exact specific shade of "golden brown."

Plus you learn all the time: I've been cooking 20 years, and EVERY DAY, i learn something new. I don't think I could handle a corporate desk job at all, where it's all maneuvering through social office politics. eww...

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 1:39 am

Just write about your passions! If you only need about 400USD a month and you are actually serious about working, I have a feeling you will do quite well. I currently make about 200USD a month and started in May. I think because I have a kiddo to homeschool, a husband and other distractions, I don't put as much emphasis on doing an amazing job, but if you have the time, try it out.

I am not making this up. It is really a great way to make money, especially extra cash. And I do believe that most people with very different interests are the ones who will make the most, as there is little on the internet currently.

Here is one of my pages

http://www.squidoo.com/autism-autismo

You can check it out and sign-up to start. It's free and you can write about many different subjects.

Good luck!

PS - my pledge as an ASPIE that it's not a scam :D