Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:59 pm

trigger my body dysmorphic disorder when I drive over them. I can feel the skin on my face being pulled down and the collagen breaking down and I get so f*****g angry every time I go over another one, especially one I know is there cause I've been over it dozens of times but I CAN'T SLOW DOWN to a speed that it wouldn't jolt my entire body cause I'd get hit or at the very least drivers honking and screaming cuss words at me!

I have very serious body dysmorphia, such that I'd have been a perfect candidate for the MTV True Life special on it.

It's not just this, it's anything that I feel damages my face, but these get to me especially. I got home and spent twenty minutes straight wailing at the top of my lungs out of horror that I'd gone over those f*****g speed bumps and further destroyed my face.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

Do you have tactile hypersensitivity? I can't feel any effect on my skin when I go over a speed bump.

Personally, I'd say if it upsets you so much, then don't worry about how other drivers react to you slowing down. It's worth a few honks to not be wailing so much, and as long as you slow down gradually you won't get hit.