Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

just all of a sudden, I got three itchy, irregular shaped bumps on my forearm. I didn't see any bugs flying around.

My arm just started burning with an itch and once I scratched, the bumps appeared.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2011, 11:08 pm

Were you stressed out? Or maybe have gotten some kind of irritant on your skin? Either could cause hives, stress related or allergic.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 7:51 am

Wasn't stressed at all and I don't think anything got on my skin. I did have oral and IV contrast the other day. They did tell me that it may cause hives but that was almost 4 days ago.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

straightfairy
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

Sounds a bit like heat rash to me.
You warm up, it itches, you scratch, you get heat bumps.
If you can, damp the area with a cold wet cloth (or similar). If it's heat bumps they should go fairly soon.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

should I take my prednizone for it?

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 12:25 pm

Prednizone will almost certainly help against itchy red bumps.

It sounds like it could also be poison oak/ivy if that grows in your area.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 6:29 am

Three days later, they're still there. Instead of raised, they're large bumps under the skin. There are three of them that are within an inch and a half of each other. They itch like hell.

Tom_Kakes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

They sound like spider bites (believe it or not lol). They could even be bed bugs which don't always bite at night.

Google some images of various insect bites if your worried.