Does ayone else on here wanna go to india or is from india?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2011, 12:51 am

hey my names brad and i have a lifelong dream of traveling to india. the spirituality of the people (meaning Hinduism) is breathtaking along with their peaceful ways and the wisdom of the people. its just a country thats like no other. From the sight of a woman in sari with a bindi upon here forehead, to the amazing sound of a sitar following the chilling Voice Of A.R Rahman or Shreya Ghoshal, theres just something about the culture that I like and I admire, and i was wondering if anyone else feels the same way i do? BTW i love A.R rahman and Shreya Ghoshal, just a side note

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 1:24 am

I'm not from India, but I'd like to visit India (even though it's not high on my list of must-visit countries). I'd really like to see the Taj Mahal, and I also find the culture of India to be very appealing.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2011, 2:18 am

Descartes wrote:
I'm not from India, but I'd like to visit India (even though it's not high on my list of must-visit countries). I'd really like to see the Taj Mahal, and I also find the culture of India to be very appealing.

Yay someone else on here fells the same way i do, i heard the Taj mahal isnt nearly as beautiful as it once was, and that the pollution in India is ruining the white color of the marble, and that its sord of falling apart, so sad :(. i think i actually saw someone say that when they had an India thread on here a long time ago. But i agree with you completely the Taj mahal is one of the greatest architectural accomplishments in the world next to the great wall of china and the pyramids.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 2:43 am

I'd love to go to India. Have not been yet.
My spiritual homeland as well (Hinduism/Advaita Vedanta).
Those people had it all figured out thousands of years ago.
It's been Western ignorance that has prevented it from becoming more widely known.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 3:07 am

I've been interested in Hinduism lately so I would really love to go there but it's quite expensive. Plus I would prefer to go there with some practicing Hinduists rather than a travel agency.
I hope one day I'll be able to do that. Hmm... maybe when I'm rich and famous... ;)

Shem
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2011, 3:11 am

I have been interested in India too for a long time. My best friend was of Tibetan descent born in India when I was younger. We used to wear bindis, henna and once for school photos she let me borrow a salwar khameez. I still love Indian music and I still wear my makeup like Indian women. I don't know as much Hindi or Tibetan as I used to though, sadly.

The culture is very interesting to look at, both positive and negative (caste system, mistreatment of certain minorities, prison system, etc.). It's a very poor country and in some of the smaller areas some of the things people do due to extreme poverty are borderline horrifying (selling organs, women, children, etc.) but I would still want to visit as well. I think that the beauty of India and it's culture as a whole outweighs the negative.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 3:34 am

I have a problem with a country to has a cast system. I feel that the people who taxi people around using their own power are higher on the cast system than the royalty.