Extreme jealous in relationships. AS related?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Diamorphine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2011, 7:02 am

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, i'm new here :P

Anyway, when I'm in a relationship with a girl, I tend to be extremely distrusting and jealous. I'll convince myself she's being unfaithful/cheating on me even though there's no signs saying she is. I'll get paranoid whenever she talks to another guy (even if said guy has no interest in her/has a girlfriend himself).

Is this related to my AS? And if so, how do I help it?

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2011, 7:59 am

It's related to low self-esteem, which may come from bad experiences related to AS.

The solution is to improve your self-esteem to the point where you regard yourself as so valuable that you consider HER lucky for being with you, and believe deep down that if she did lose interest then it's HER loss as there are countless other people out there who would realize how awesome you are. In other words, the exact opposite frame of find.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 8:41 am

I can't say I've had "extreme" jealousy, but once, when I did have a friend, he was pretty much my only friend, but he spent time with his cousins fairly frequently, and I used to resent it because they had several friends, but he was my only friend. I felt they were infringing on my "friend time" by taking up so much of his. :lol: :(

Diamorphine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

zer0netgain wrote:
I can't say I've had "extreme" jealousy, but once, when I did have a friend, he was pretty much my only friend, but he spent time with his cousins fairly frequently, and I used to resent it because they had several friends, but he was my only friend. I felt they were infringing on my "friend time" by taking up so much of his. :lol: :(

Did you control the jealousy, or speak to him about it? As for me, i'd control it... most of the time. Sometimes i'd fly a bit off the handle and start asking endless questions about the dude.