Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 6:42 pm

I've asked before whether anyone takes Strattera. Got some good reviews.

I was wondering, though, whether anyone had any bad or ambivalent reactions to it; and whether anyone had any trouble with drowsiness, tiredness, or both - and if so when it occurred (was it just after you took it, so that you could sleep it off?)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 6:54 pm

I took it and had no effect. Does that count as a bad reaction? It just didn't work.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm

I've been on it for maybe seven years now. After a while I stopped having so much drowsiness, although I still do take naps quite often, especially after I've been busy.

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jul 2011, 9:20 pm

atomoxetine was the most effective treatment for improving my executive functioning, i was on it for a couple months at 80mg. The last week of the last month i had a panic attack almost every day, which i believe was because of the stratterra. At least that's what i chalked it up to, i would have spells lasting an hour or more of feeling like i could barely breath, and severe tachycardia, usually after i had taken the pill in the morning. Near the end i would get a second attack in the evening. It frightened me so much i stopped taking it. A couple months earlier i was on half the dosage, with little to no effect. This was when i was trying to treat ADD, before i found out i had been informally diagnosed with Aspergers as a child, and researching found this diagnosis was more spot on for all my peculiarities. As far as sleep, i had a hard time getting to bed while taking atomoxetine, so i was prescribed trazadone in conjunction, which worked for the most part, but i would occasionally do and say things before knocking out, which i had no recollection of when my wife told me about it later. Not that i did anything terribly strange, it just really bothers me that i had no memory of them.

ElfMusic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2011, 10:30 pm

The drowsiness effects me most when I'm adjusting doses. For the last month or so, because of confusion with the pharmacy at the clinic I go to, I haven't been able to get both the 40mg and 60 mg dosage, so I've been on about 60% of my usual dose. Now that I'm back to my regular dosage, it's changed my sleep patterns (I would say that they're "off", but I really don't have an "on" pattern of sleep/wake). During previous times, I've noticed that this usually straightens out after a few weeks.