Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

aspie48 wrote:
it just sounds kinda stupid and awkward i say autism instead because aspergers sounds like ass burgers and i feel like an idiot saying it.

I say Gedrene, because it means nothing and I like words that mean nothing to describe me.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 2:52 pm

Ettina wrote:
OK, I thought your 'I understand. There's a slight problem. I don't have dementia' statement was saying that what I said about terminology didn't apply because dementia and MR (the conditions I was referring to) are different in value than autism. But maybe you misunderstood my analogy use as meaning I was claiming you have the conditions I was using as an analogy?

I was not suggesting you have dementia or mental retardation or anything like that. Just saying that society reacts to those conditions in similar ways to how they react to autism spectrum conditions. And since we face the same problems, we should fight the same battles instead of saying 'I'm OK but those people aren't'. If you agree with the last two statements, then my comments were unnecessary.

Ettina: I know that they don't mean the same thing. It's just that people react the same way. Newsflash: THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT GENIUS

Well I am just qualifying my own identity. Fight battles for others if you want. All allies of noble causes are noble.