do you have a problem understanding what people are saying?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

do you have problems understanding what's being said to you?
i always understand what people are saying to me. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
i have a problem with instructions/directions. 31%  31%  [ 14 ]
sometimes i don't understand what people are saying, even if it's simple things, (not directions, instructions) but it's rare 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
often i don't understand what people are saying. 40%  40%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 45

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

For me its like if you were to turn on 6 different radios and to put them on 6 different AM stations and play them at the same time. Like someone might be saying "Hey, so did you (random noise) then, right?". Its like I heard them, but all the words got jumbled together or something and a good portion of their sentence was not processed in my head. Its hard to explain.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 11:03 am

I can understand people well enough.....but if they talk for too long its hard for me to keep track of what their point is. So sometimes I respond before they are done talking which can be seen as rude to some because it looks like interrupting.....but I get confused if they say too much and can't really focus.

Also, I can understand directions usually......but I cannot remember them all so sometimes I have to ask again, which can be annoying.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

I have an extremely hard time understanding what people are saying, maybe half of the time.

This is when I start to take *breaks*.

It's not like I really want to be alone. I still like to be around people but really, I have so much trouble with understanding very simple conversations, even on television, that I just stop talking.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 7:57 pm

Yea, I thinking I have a problem with not hearing it, but processing it.
I can hear ya loud and clear...just have no idea what you are saying...is me half the time.