Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 2:00 am

Whenever I accidentaly walk in front of someone or bump into them or anything like that,I maked this weird noise (sounds like I'm saying "ohp" or "ope" then a few seconds later I say sorry or exuse me.Am I just somehow verbally expressing how akward I feel in such a situation or is it some weird variation of the word "oops" that I instinctly blurt out.Afterwards,as I'm walking away I think to myself "They must think I'm stupid" and that leads to me thinking "I am so stupid".

Please tell me if this is anything like how you react in such a situation.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 3:28 am

If you say" excuse me"...your way ahead of alot of humanity...I wouldnt worry about it :D

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 4:21 am

I think I say something like that. I get a little scare when I bump into someone or suddenly someone stands in front of me.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 4:04 pm

I sort of bounce back from them... A friend told me it looked like the other person grossed me out. Oh well. I don't even think they hear my excuse me, it comes out so small.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 4:24 pm

Usually if I bump into someone or knock someone I have a weird reaction of going "Whoa." or "Whoopsy."

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 5:05 pm

Hi RPM
I have a kind of brain itch when I bang into people or they bang into me accidentally,
they'll say sorry and I have an automatic thought yeah you will be sorry or sometimes without realising I say it under my breath. Of course I don't me it at all it just comes out!!I think what you are describing is just an automatic reaction you're definately not stupid, I think its inevitable when people cross into your space accidentally without warning.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2006, 11:02 am

just like saying oops :D

Dalebert
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2006, 12:05 pm

I have a pet peeve about people who walk very rapidly around corners when they can't even tell if someone (like me, with a hot cup of coffee) is coming the other way. I turn corners very carefully after having a few episodes like that, just like you would if you're driving and you can't see very well.

I do make weird sounds whenever I'm startled, like when I drop something or just almost drop something, and I startle really easily. People often look at me funny and ask me if I'm ok. I guess they think I must have done something that hurt to make such a sound. I'm not too self-concious about it though.