Physical and Sexual Attraction

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

every one alive on earth now will be dead in 120 years.
their bodies will rot away and turn to organic clay.

in 300 years time, the person who you loved the most in your life will likely have their head filled with mud.

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 12:47 pm

heh, I'm completely different.

I remember trying to become asexual because I thought I would never have sex. I couldn't do it. I think about sex too much lol. Still haven't had sex, but I don't think I'm going to have a particularly low libido by any means :lol:

Noop
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

MountZion wrote:

I remember trying to become asexual because I thought I would never have sex. I couldn't do it. I think about sex too much lol. Still haven't had sex, but I don't think I'm going to have a particularly low libido by any means :lol:

I suppose your avatar is very appropriate then. :lol:

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 4:41 pm

Noop wrote:
MountZion wrote:

I suppose your avatar is very appropriate then. :lol:

Very much so :lol:

(that bottle scene - :o .....shes very hot lol)

Krychek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

Noop wrote:
After seeing the asexuality thread here on WP, I've been wondering if I fall into the asexual or grey-A area of the spectrum. I've always thought that my lack of desire for sex was due to my age and the fact that I've not yet been in a relationship, but I'm now unsure. I certainly feel physical attraction in the sense that hugging and kissing and things of that nature appeals to me, but nothing 'further' so to speak.

I was wondering if anyone else has or has had this and what their experiences have been with it.

I would say I am the opposite of this. I don't like being touched, hugged, or kissed ever outside of a sexual experience. I do desire sex, but in most of my relationships, I've had many complaints of not doing it or initiating it enough.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 8:20 pm

Krychek wrote:
Noop wrote:
After seeing the asexuality thread here on WP, I've been wondering if I fall into the asexual or grey-A area of the spectrum. I've always thought that my lack of desire for sex was due to my age and the fact that I've not yet been in a relationship, but I'm now unsure. I certainly feel physical attraction in the sense that hugging and kissing and things of that nature appeals to me, but nothing 'further' so to speak.

I was wondering if anyone else has or has had this and what their experiences have been with it.

I would say I am the opposite of this. I don't like being touched, hugged, or kissed ever outside of a sexual experience. I do desire sex, but in most of my relationships, I've had many complaints of not doing it or initiating it enough.

I LOVE being touched, hugged, and kissed (when I'm not in shutdown mode. Different story, then.) but hate it in the context of sex.

to his Interest."

gc1ceo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2011, 6:20 pm

Your sexuality and intimacy may simply run in a different course, you also may some repression issues too. I have known a couple of ASD people who thought they were asexual or something along those lines because they were basically told that being the way they were made it so they wouldn't be in relationships or do anything or even that sex was bad, in one case the guy was disciplined when he became unintentionally aroused when he hit puberty.

I'd make sure its not simply "different course" or repression before you definitely give yourself an asexual label. I'm definitely not by a mile, but I had issues with physical touch and such myself too and sex actually got me around them oddly enough (even made it easier for me to shake peoples hand, etc).

In the end you should be allowed to be comfortable with who you are, maybe just hugging and kissing is enough.

Sexuality and intimacy should be discussed frankly, maybe even with a professional or maybe just a good friend who deeply understands human sexuality on an academic level.

CMX
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2011, 2:04 am

I can be stimulated only through my mind. :twisted:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

gc1ceo wrote:
Your sexuality and intimacy may simply run in a different course, you also may some repression issues too. I have known a couple of ASD people who thought they were asexual or something along those lines because they were basically told that being the way they were made it so they wouldn't be in relationships or do anything or even that sex was bad, in one case the guy was disciplined when he became unintentionally aroused when he hit puberty.

I'd make sure its not simply "different course" or repression before you definitely give yourself an asexual label. I'm definitely not by a mile, but I had issues with physical touch and such myself too and sex actually got me around them oddly enough (even made it easier for me to shake peoples hand, etc).

In the end you should be allowed to be comfortable with who you are, maybe just hugging and kissing is enough.

Sexuality and intimacy should be discussed frankly, maybe even with a professional or maybe just a good friend who deeply understands human sexuality on an academic level.

I was never told any such thing about relationships or sex- of the three or four people I know, none of them think I even have Aspergers. Nor was I ever indoctrinated with ideas of sex = bad. I call myself asexual because I am- I have no primary sexual attraction to people, and am unsure/doubtful if I experience it secondarily, so averse as I am to penetrative acts.

to his Interest."