Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm

do you like car rides? what do you like about them?

I find them largely 'fun' and relaxing. any car ride will do. I like going with my dad in the mornings to take my mom to work, and then in the afternoons to pick her up. I read harry potter while we drive. very relaxing.

what say you?

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

Ooh, can't read on car rides!

I like to see the road, myself, actually.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

dopplercb wrote:
do you like car rides? what do you like about them?

I find them largely 'fun' and relaxing. any car ride will do. I like going with my dad in the mornings to take my mom to work, and then in the afternoons to pick her up. I read harry potter while we drive. very relaxing.

what say you?
I used think I loved car rides... then, once I lived on my own, I realized what I liked was the solitude... now I can get that at home and never take rides outside of my commute or other necessary trips.

FearOfMusic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

I like driving but I am not really a fan of being a passenger. My favorite trips are 10+ hour drives by myself with a few good CDs! I pretty much completely avoid expressways and take the 55mph state highways and county roads wherever I'm going. During the summer it is great because instead of getting off the highway to get some McDonalds (:eew:) there are farm stands with fresh fruit and veggies to stop at.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUDtFdnn9oQ[/youtube]

I almost always listen to this song when I am on a long trip.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

I always get a headache when I ride in cars, but it clears my head. I can also daydream more easily in a car.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

I love car rides!
Going out there and just... Watching the world go by. I feel really protected too, cars to me are like protective bubbles that help me to escape from the rest of the world.

:D

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

I hate riding in cars. The lack of control makes me a nervous wreck. On the other hand, I love driving. In fact, when I had my car, I used to take very long(like close to 30 miles at a time) trips around the city because it was relaxing to me.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

I love car rides and have to drive for my job for a living so I really go for car rides.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I hate riding in cars. The lack of control makes me a nervous wreck. On the other hand, I love driving. In fact, when I had my car, I used to take very long(like close to 30 miles at a time) trips around the city because it was relaxing to me.
I generally dislike being a passenger because of the lack of control. But, my current husband, I can relax and even sometimes take naps in the car when he's driving (my ex husband was total opposite, I could never look away from the road, just didn't trust him enough...).

Rich-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

They are ok. I don't like long car rides.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 7:00 pm

I like car rides. Just not the 15+ hours ones I've been on when travelling to a holiday destination (with small stops, of course)

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Orange County, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Cluster

16 Aug 2011, 7:03 pm

I like car rides. I try to read in them, and I can, but it seems I always get distracted by stuff outside.

orionnebula
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

if im the passenger i love car rides. i also love plane and train rides.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 1:46 am

I don't mind them so long as I get the whole backseat to myself (for family vacations).

For bus rides, I usually end up sitting by myself (thankfully) but if there isn't enough room, I go for teh back (where there is more space).

For plane rides I [b]HAVE[/b] to be in the aisle. I get sick on planes. :(

I've never been on a train before.

Good things about car rides:
*You can get a good nap in if the rid isn't too bumpy
*It's fun to organize your stuff in your area, and have everything within reach
*Books+Movies

Bad things:
*Car sickness+ dizziness
*Inactivity leaves me restless and makes me feel fat
*Being so close to other people, :eew: and they are loud sometimes! :x

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 1:54 am

I don't get motion sickness, but I prefer to drive myself. Whenever I'm just riding I get lost in my own thoughts. I usually think too much, but when I'm looking out the window of a car nothing stops me from overanalyzing everything to the point of insanity.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 2:24 am

I love car rides! I especially like riding in the car with one other person driving so I have the chance to have meaningful conversations with them. Talking to people while riding in the car feels more secure than talking to them anywhere else, because I'm in close proximity to them and we're in an enclosed area.

But sometimes on longer car rides, I become so relaxed and comfortable that I start dozing off.