Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

smudge wrote:
Fatal-Noogie wrote:
Knifey wrote:
Also non-whiny girls (independent) often don't make men feel needed.
I wouldn't mind feeling not needed.
Just being tolerated would be enuf for me.

Being tolerated feels horrible. I'd rather be single.

I don't see the link to it really, basing it on a few girls with AS I've known. The needy whiney ones tend to send men flying away.

My experience was always quite the opposite, the needy whiny girls usually keep whining till they get someone within months. After that, they stop whining all of the sudden. Their guys are the best (since they save the rest of the word from their whining)!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

blank

Last edited by smudge on 25 Aug 2011, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

smudge wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:
Being tolerated feels horrible. I'd rather be single.

I don't see the link to it really, basing it on a few girls with AS I've known. The needy whiney ones tend to send men flying away.

My experience was always quite the opposite, the needy whiny girls usually keep whining till they get someone within months. After that, they stop whining all of the sudden. Their guys are the best (since they save the rest of the word from their whining)!

Ah...girls with AS though? They are NOT NORMAL!! !

hmm...no, not just girls with AS... I knew some in real life who were like this and they weren't neurotically atypical.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

blank

Last edited by smudge on 25 Aug 2011, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

Henbane wrote:
Personally I prefer a nice pint of strawberry cider.

Will 8.8% do? The best strawberry - or was it raspberry? - cider I ever had was craft produced to that strength.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I think I'll stick to not being whiny and deal with loneliness on my own.

I don't want someone that will go for me for doing something that's out of character for me.

but aren't you married?

If so, easy to say that when you are married.

Divorced by the end of the month.

Say what? That I'm not a whiner?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I think I'll stick to not being whiny and deal with loneliness on my own.

I don't want someone that will go for me for doing something that's out of character for me.

but aren't you married?

If so, easy to say that when you are married.

Divorced by the end of the month.

Whoa!!....that was unexpected, I had no idea.

Quote:

Well..... maybe it's the best timing to become one :P

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

Boo, I've been separated for a few months now. I made no bones about mentioning it, either. I just don't whine... and no I won't start just to 'catch a partner'.

If someone can't handle my non-whininess, they can't handle me. :)

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 5:24 pm

I totally respect the non-whiny single guys here, it seems like a lot of them are from the UK and have that admirable quality of British stoicism in the face of adversity (the "stiff upper lip").

I on the other hand am a whiny, emo Yank... :roll:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

Grisha wrote:
I totally respect the non-whiny single guys here, it seems like a lot of them are from the UK and have that admirable quality of British stoicism in the face of adversity (the "stiff upper lip")

We are whiny, we just drown our sorrows in beer and keep our self-destructive behaviour to ourselves.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 7:05 pm

Tequila wrote:
Grisha wrote:
I totally respect the non-whiny single guys here, it seems like a lot of them are from the UK and have that admirable quality of British stoicism in the face of adversity (the "stiff upper lip")

We are whiny, we just drown our sorrows in beer and keep our self-destructive behaviour to ourselves.

Beer? Why didn't I think of that? :wink:

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2011, 7:47 pm

Knifey wrote:
Fatal-Noogie wrote:
Knifey wrote:

the more money you have, the more they will tolerate you. especially bimbos. of course i am talking about women who are under 30 and have an inflated sense of how valuable they are to the opposite sex. if you wait for a 40 year old single woman you don't have to be that rich.

I know too many broke guys that get laid and get into relationships all the time for this to be true :lol:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

MountZion wrote:
Knifey wrote:
Fatal-Noogie wrote:
Knifey wrote:

the more money you have, the more they will tolerate you. especially bimbos. of course i am talking about women who are under 30 and have an inflated sense of how valuable they are to the opposite sex. if you wait for a 40 year old single woman you don't have to be that rich.

I know too many broke guys that get laid and get into relationships all the time for this to be true :lol:

I stand by my original assertion: money doesn't mean f*ck-all to any woman worth having and 99% of dating troubles are attitude related: You have to figure out a way to like yourself more, then you will look more desirable to others.

This will do a million times more for you than a higher income, and it makes being alone more bearable too.

Not easy though, I'm struggling to follow my own advice but my resolve is growing every day.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:10 pm

Grisha wrote:
MountZion wrote:
Knifey wrote:
Fatal-Noogie wrote:
Knifey wrote:

I stand by my original assertion: money doesn't mean f*ck-all to any woman worth having and 99% of dating troubles are attitude related: You have to figure out a way to like yourself more, then you will look more desirable to others.

This will do a million times more for you than a higher income, and it makes being alone more bearable too.

Not easy though, I'm struggling to follow my own advice but my resolve is growing every day.

Yep ^^...

And Boo,

Not sure what is exactly meant by whining...it's a rather subjective quality, isn't it? I mean, if a woman is stressed over solving a particularly difficult Fourier equation and is 'whining' about it, I'm likely to find that more attractive than a woman 'whining' about the lack of shoe choice at the local mall.

I just don't buy the 'whining' argument, nor this:
Quote:

I mean, could one cram any more supercilious, baseless generalizations in one quote?

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 12:11 am

Tequila wrote:
Grisha wrote:

Agreed Im whiny at times but I think wp has already got enogh whinning without being a part of it so I try to keep my whinning of the boards whenever its possible.
It´d be very helpfull if some other members used a similar approach.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:39 am

Seeing others whine makes me not want to do so as well, as whininess is an annoying quality to me.
If I be a whiner I'll just attract another whiner, and living in negative gloomy non-bliss together is not exactly my ideal.