Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

Sorry its me again I feel I am taking over, At last my daughter is seen by the local services so I am just looking for different opinions. Just wondering regarding depth perception how it effects one, the OT whom we had been query Dyspraxia said no on 2 occasions I can accept this. She pointed out that my daughter problem was depth perception not sure if this matters but my daughter is a visual learner, she also plays football, soccer and lots of other sport to a high standard and successful.

Maybe I am just looking for one label to put all her difficulties into and it might not be!

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

That's weird....those activities would be very difficult if you had depth perception issues?

Maybe there is something else going on....what specifically is the OT concerned about?

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

Not sure, I am confused my daughter ticks a lot of boxes, I am hoping to try figure out

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 10:31 pm

Annmaria wrote:
Sorry its me again I feel I am taking over, At last my daughter is seen by the local services so I am just looking for different opinions. Just wondering regarding depth perception how it effects one, the OT whom we had been query Dyspraxia said no on 2 occasions I can accept this. She pointed out that my daughter problem was depth perception not sure if this matters but my daughter is a visual learner, she also plays football, soccer and lots of other sport to a high standard and successful.

Maybe I am just looking for one label to put all her difficulties into and it might not be!

My depth perception is fine in that I perceive depth. Having a concept of what that depth is representing quantitatively is a different story.

I don't know if subtle dyspraxia or motor issues would really show up in a clinical setting. Mine don't but I certainly struggle with certain aspects of coordinating myself.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 6:38 pm

I am visually impaired and lack depth perception and have to admit that I am surprised that your child is able to play sport without it. Of course, I had almost no support at school and no label, so IMHO, it might be advantageous not to use a label but let your child be enself.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!