Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Milady_Firearms
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2006, 9:23 pm

I dislike hugging and kissing. Even hugging my own dad and other family. (MY dad refuses to believe there is anything wrong with me.. but that's another story)

I've never been one to give a hug, much less kiss. I tend to stiffed up and pull away when anyone except my mom (Or a hot guy) tries.

I don't mind being rubbed/holding hands at times, exspecaily when I feel really bad.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 9:30 pm

Being touched used to startle me pretty badly. I'd jump visibly if someone touched me.

I've gotten over that now; but touch is still pretty awkward, especially the communication-touching like handshakes, touching somebody's shoulder during a conversation, high-fives, et cetera. I'm never sure if I'm doing it right.

All in all, touch is more uncomfortable than anything... I'm keenly aware of it. Hugs from friends are the single exception... generally they know to ask permission, and then it's OK because it's expected and i know it's an expression of affection.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 9:35 pm

I don't like surprise touches, like greetings and I don't like forced greetings, like shaking hands. When I expect it or dole it out, it's very pleasant.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 10:27 pm

What I hate about hugging is that I get a kind of a suffocating feeling when one tries. If someone hugs me it does not automatically turn into a double hug like most people do when they hug them also in return like some kind of a mutual hugging reflex kicks in; both of them hugging each other together like a close standing waltz. I still have my arms dangling down by my side and just hope this hug does not carry on for too long.

Paul

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 11:33 pm

I generally dislike when someone touches me. I get a tickling sensation and have to scratch wherever that person just touched me. Random hugs feel so irregular and abnormal. If someone hugs me I'll just kind of stand there thinking...okay, now what do I do? If I hug someone then it's someone who I'm really familiar with. My legs are very sensitive so I normally have to wear long panted pajamas when I sleep. I love the feeling of my cat rubbed up against me though. *hugs cat* :)

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 5:57 pm

Disgust. I don't like being touched. Don't like it at all. I feel almost dirty afterwards, contaminated, and like my personal space has been seriously invaded. I would say in general I feel uncomfortable if someone's less than two feet away from me.

I really like to touch various objects, though; I'm very tactile.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 7:25 pm

I especially hated being touched and still to this day hate being touched by strangers. Like I did not have my first haircut until I was 4 or 5 as I developed such terrible tantrums if a stranger went near me.