Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 1:02 pm

A lot of people think that all racists are stupid but the sad truth is that racism often attracts intelligent, bright-spirited people. I have read some of the writings of the white nationalist David Lane and a lot of what he said that wasn't about race was pretty smart. Far from being a stereotypical conservative Christian redneck he was pro-environment, anti-capitalist and a neopagan who hated Christianity.

I have also read that neo-Nazi Jeff Weise (who was behind the Red Lake Massacre) was sometimes a nice guy. One other student at Red Lake Senior High School described Jeff as "the only one I talked to about my problems."

It's tragic how racism brainwashes so many decent people.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

Lee John Barnes, who used to be the BNPs legal advisor and who is a racist Odinist, is actually a good poet. His poems are the only good bits of his blog.

Ezra Pound and Philip Larkin were obviously very good poets (though in Larkin's case, his racism was pretty petty stuff and he loved black jazz musicians).

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

It depends what 'racism' means, because the term has been hijacked by the left and has been used to refer to any and every discussion by the left. In this way, the word has become totally meaningless.

The people you cite though are pretty nasty, by all accounts.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 2:13 pm

Tequila wrote:
It depends what 'racism' means, because the term has been hijacked by the left and has been used to refer to any and every discussion by the left. In this way, the word has become totally meaningless.

Racism

Etymology

From French racisme (1935/36).

Noun

racism (uncountable)

The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.
The belief that one race is superior to all others.
Prejudice or discrimination based upon race.

Wow that's not so complicated now is it? Or is this somehow hijacked by 'The Left'? :lol: You mentioning that brings about my thoughts that many silly conservatives pull the racist card card- nobody mentioned political affiliations in regard to racism except you, a conservative. Think about that for a couple of minutes

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

What I'm getting at is that the left flings all kinds of accusations of racism about willy-nilly when that is not what is intended.

One might say that someone who has a Nazi tattoo and convictions for raciallly-motivated violence against non-white people is a racist. The same way that a Pakistani Muslim who is known to assault random white people is also a racist.

A person from a deprived housing estate who has never racially abused anyone in the street who has concerns about mass immigration is, on balance, not. My point is that this culture of mud-slinging is so commonplace amongst the left and the political establishment that no-one can speak fairly - which, if you like, feeds exactly what the left want to prevent. In trying to stifle a problem, you make it worse.

In essence, what happens is that debate about immigration and other things is stifled; genuine racists think there is a giant conspiracy against them and the left encourage that. Far easier to just be allowed to discuss it openly, I think. Let the racist scumbags be seen for what they are (see Nick Griffin's appearance on Question Time).

But too many people make too much money out of it so that can't be allowed to happen either.

I looked at Lee John Barnes blog. He seemed like an intelligent chap, though not one I would agree with on, well, nearly anything.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:09 pm

Okay that is a fair way of putting it. I get annoyed with anyone flippantly throwing the term 'racist' around. Its not exclusive to the left though, and I hardly consider mud slinging to be mostly done by them. Perhaps it is different in the U.K. though

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

The intercommunal feeling against Muslims is much more severe in parts of the UK. Many people feel like they have been invaded.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

racists often point out unfortunate truths paired with evil hate

if we can drop the evil hate aspect and approach the unfortunate truths with constructive criticism, we can actually get somewhere. I add Evil to Hate because I hate the the unfortunate reality that different races with their baggage present, but to hate an individual because of their class or race is just evil.

One is deemed a racist if they don't want illegal immigrants from another country with a slightly different set of cultural values coming into the US and flooding our low-wage job market. I am a big fan of hard-working people, especially hardworking hispanics as they are the backbone of our agricultural and dining industry, but don't want any more of them crossing over the US-Mexican border illegally! It is an issue and it is difficult to have a discussion with other side of the isle on a way to move forward. Democrats posture to their fanbase, Republicans are split between the pro-work crowd, the hardcore paleocons who won't settle for anything less then the removal of millions of immigrants. And the discussion isn't helped forward by dismissing it as nothing but racist-driven attitudes driving bigoted policy.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
One is deemed a racist if they don't want illegal immigrants from another country with a slightly different set of cultural values coming into the US and flooding our low-wage job market

The point is that millions of immigrants have made their way to the UK, often from very backward corners of the Earth that we do not share any cultural affinity with whatever. So, particularly backward Pakistani Muslims make up northern mill towns for instance, and have not integrated properly. The men get licence to behave like obnoxious yobs whereas the women are still treated as cattle and stuck under horrid shrouds in many cases (though some women wear it to deliberately wind up the majority community, I have no doubt).

This is all complicated by the fact we don't even really have control over our own borders - the EU has that power now.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

Tequila wrote:
I looked at Lee John Barnes blog. He seemed like an intelligent chap, though not one I would agree with on, well, nearly anything.

I worry about his mental health, tbh. The paranoia comes steaming off the screen. He is very intelligent, though very wrong.

I go through compulsive sessions where I read big bits of his blog with morbid fascination. Like I read stuff written by heroin addicts on the net. His blog has a similar appeal to me as the heroin-related stuff does. I guess I just like to read the thoughts of people who are outside of acceptable society.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

Vigilans wrote:

It is a scientifically proven fact that there are physical differences between the races, however most apparent behavioral differences are a result of culture.

Quote:

What does "superior" even mean?

Quote:

I'm okay with black people being the only people allowed to use the n-word but the average person knows what is cruel and what isn't.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:53 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

It is a scientifically proven fact that there are physical differences between the races, however most apparent behavioral differences are a result of culture.

Yep there are physically distinctive features even within a 'race' however in this regard it would refer to behavior/intelligence (as you mentioned) which would be incorrect

Quote:
Quote:

What does "superior" even mean?

White people are better than black people because A) B) C) etc ... ?

Quote:
Quote:

I'm okay with black people being the only people allowed to use the n-word but the average person knows what is cruel and what isn't.

Being aware of what is cruel does not necessarily imply they will respect that. See all of Human history

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 4:20 pm

Tequila wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
One is deemed a racist if they don't want illegal immigrants from another country with a slightly different set of cultural values coming into the US and flooding our low-wage job market

The point is that millions of immigrants have made their way to the UK, often from very backward corners of the Earth that we do not share any cultural affinity with whatever. So, particularly backward Pakistani Muslims make up northern mill towns for instance, and have not integrated properly. The men get licence to behave like obnoxious yobs whereas the women are still treated as cattle and stuck under horrid shrouds in many cases (though some women wear it to deliberately wind up the majority community, I have no doubt).

This is all complicated by the fact we don't even really have control over our own borders - the EU has that power now.

yea honestly I couldn't stand it if we switched our mexicans for your paki muslims for our mexicans. I don't think most Americans could actually... there would be a racial war and it would be bloody cause the leap is too great.

There is very very very very little commonality between muslims from culturally muslim countries and Americans yet from a very similar part of the world are Indians and they come to this country and thrive and move into the middle class faster then most other racial groups save perhaps for the Japanese. We have it good over here compared to the UK because you come to America to be an American whereas over there is a botched diversity exercise.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
yea honestly I couldn't stand it if we switched our mexicans for your paki muslims for our mexicans. I don't think most Americans could actually... there would be a racial war and it would be bloody cause the leap is too great.

There is very very very very little commonality between muslims from culturally muslim countries and Americans yet from a very similar part of the world are Indians and they come to this country and thrive and move into the middle class faster then most other racial groups save perhaps for the Japanese. We have it good over here compared to the UK because you come to America to be an American whereas over there is a botched diversity exercise.

Wow, what a crock of shoot.

Canada has, by dozens of times, a more multiculturalist policy than the UK, probably has better race relations (J.J. Harper and more general brutality against aboriginals, and police brutality against an Eastern European in an airport aside) than either the US or the UK. The leader of the rightmost party praises multiculturalism while debating a Bloc-headed seperatist, for christ's shake (that last line was metaphorical).

Last edited by Master_Pedant on 25 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

I also want to point out that much of Eastern Europe has full residency rights here in the UK, a privilege that they have taken up with some gusto. To add to that, we're paying child benefit to over 40,000 children based in Poland, many of whom might not even exist. Since the EU accession of 2004, over half a million Poles have come to live in the UK - and this is the official estimate, published in the Grauniad. And this is just Poles alone.

We're 'multicultural' in the sense that largely, we live separate lives and ghettoise ourselves, yes. It's more like a voluntary apartheid with a resentment there (how much depends on where you live) than a real sharing of cultures.

Perhaps it's different in London but largely we haven't integrated in the way that is probably meant in the US.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm

"Racism" gets thrown around so much that it has lost most of it's meaning. Liberals throw it at people like a rock when they say something about social issues they disagree with, and now they are getting in the habit of doing the same thing with economic issues so that they can promote class warfare.

Nowadays when someone starts accusing you of racism, the proper response is something to the same effect as "GO f**k YOURSELF ret*d!! !". :twisted:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud