Do you miss someone right now?

Page 127 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 170  Next

wisenupjanetweiss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2014, 1:13 am

I miss my best friend/potential lover. We Skyped last night, and it just made me want to see him again that much more.

SignOfLazarus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 3:04 am

I really miss my boyfriend.
We started dating in 2005, and actually "met" online... which is good because even though we live about a thirty minute walk from each other, now, [maybe three miles] and are both near public transportation we don't get to see each other very often at all lately. We are both often not feeling well physically so I really miss him much of the time.

We broke up for a little over a year a couple years ago because we were so overwhelmed by our own problems and couldn't really even be friends, it was too hard. I tried "dating" but every one else sucks. He's my best friend- even when I had no contact he was my best friend. We started talking again and realized we wanted to try again and it totally made sense and could dope with our own s**t again and we have figured out how to not get to that place again and now I miss him evn more when I can't see him.

He's pretty much the only person i don't have to work at to be around. The whole... oxytocin thing... he literally helps my physical pain. It's stupid but I get this sensory calmness thing out of rubbing his beard and his voice is really soothing and he taught me to cook and not be afraid of a frying pan... I can't explain that to a lot of people because I'm 32 and I feel like an idiot.

I don't know. I feel like people don't get it because if they don't know us they think we are so oddly matched. I talk like an impulsive five year old when I get excited and have trouble controlling my volume and he tends to sit back and observe. He has a wickedly funny and inappropriate sense of humor that few people suspect and our strengths balance each other out and... it's weird because so many people talk about all these things that people want in a mate that are just extraneous? A car or money or a high status job. He literally has none of that.
he's just funny and kind and wickedly smart and has this perfectly complimentary biting sense of humor and a calming presence and... just like, at 4am when things really hurt and I'm frustrated I really just wish he was in the room.
That is literally all.

sorry. I feel a little better.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

at last, no.

read my rank.

CROWNCAEN - FREE!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 12:11 am

SignOfLazarus wrote:
I really miss my boyfriend.
We started dating in 2005, and actually "met" online... which is good because even though we live about a thirty minute walk from each other, now, [maybe three miles] and are both near public transportation we don't get to see each other very often at all lately. We are both often not feeling well physically so I really miss him much of the time.

We broke up for a little over a year a couple years ago because we were so overwhelmed by our own problems and couldn't really even be friends, it was too hard. I tried "dating" but every one else sucks. He's my best friend- even when I had no contact he was my best friend. We started talking again and realized we wanted to try again and it totally made sense and could dope with our own s**t again and we have figured out how to not get to that place again and now I miss him evn more when I can't see him.

He's pretty much the only person i don't have to work at to be around. The whole... oxytocin thing... he literally helps my physical pain. It's stupid but I get this sensory calmness thing out of rubbing his beard and his voice is really soothing and he taught me to cook and not be afraid of a frying pan... I can't explain that to a lot of people because I'm 32 and I feel like an idiot.

I don't know. I feel like people don't get it because if they don't know us they think we are so oddly matched. I talk like an impulsive five year old when I get excited and have trouble controlling my volume and he tends to sit back and observe. He has a wickedly funny and inappropriate sense of humor that few people suspect and our strengths balance each other out and... it's weird because so many people talk about all these things that people want in a mate that are just extraneous? A car or money or a high status job. He literally has none of that.
he's just funny and kind and wickedly smart and has this perfectly complimentary biting sense of humor and a calming presence and... just like, at 4am when things really hurt and I'm frustrated I really just wish he was in the room.
That is literally all.

sorry. I feel a little better.

Sounds like he must be a really great guy and I totally get what you're talking about. This girl that I'm missing pretty badly right now has this voice that's soo beautiful and cheery and just full of life that I can't help but smile everytime I hear her speak. It's just soo relaxing and therapeutic no matter what mood I'm in. I hope things work out for the 2 of you. :-)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 10:16 pm

Yes. It has been a long time, but sometimes I miss someone I knew well on here over 6 years ago now. He still comes into my thoughts when I am walking on our common and in the Victorian cemetery. And I still regret we never got to meet.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 11:33 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Yes. It has been a long time, but sometimes I miss someone I knew well on here over 6 years ago now. He still comes into my thoughts when I am walking on our common and in the Victorian cemetery. And I still regret we never got to meet.

It's always sad when you miss someone, but even more sad and tragic when you miss someone you never even got to meet. Soo sorry about that. Also where does one get an Aspie score from because I keep seeing people with them everywhere and I don't have a clue where one would get their's from.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

Kenya wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

It's always sad when you miss someone, but even more sad and tragic when you miss someone you never even got to meet. Soo sorry about that. Also where does one get an Aspie score from because I keep seeing people with them everywhere and I don't have a clue where one would get their's from.

Just go to google and type in 'AQ SQ EQ test' and they should come up. I think there are some links pinned to the top of General forum too.

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2014, 8:44 am

Not exactly miss somebody specific. Miss having somebody special in my life. I have finally realised that my current (and so far only) romantic relationship just wasn't working and really is over. We seemed good as friends and did have some happy times, but neither of us wanted a solely platonic friendship. I do sometimes miss her as a friend, but not romantically.

I probably won't find anyone else immediately, but who knows, I might get lucky. I hope she does too.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 3:19 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Kenya wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

Just go to google and type in 'AQ SQ EQ test' and they should come up. I think there are some links pinned to the top of General forum too.

Thanks for that. :)

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 8:06 pm

I miss my co-workers at my old job that I worked at for 7 years. As the years went by, more and more people started to become like family to me there. But I had no move on from that job for it was a low paying, dead-end one. I make much more money now and I certainly made the right call by leaving but the co-workers I have now aren't the same. Most of my social life was in that store and now I have to very slowly build it up again.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Shelldor2015
Raven
Raven

Location: In a Bob Ross painting looking at pretty little clouds and talking to happy little trees.

24 Nov 2014, 7:21 pm

Yes, and I just saw her two hours ago. We recently became friends. She and I have a lot in common. I wish that we could spend more time with her.

AQ 46

"If there is a 50-50 chance something will go wrong, 9 times out of 10 it will" Paul Harvey

SeanBerry1281
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2014, 11:59 pm

phoenixjsu wrote:
Is there someone who used to be in you life that you miss? Answer with a simple yes or no, or tell us a little about him / her. Be as brief or as in depth as you like.

I miss this girl named Rachel more than anything on this earth I think of her every day and have been feeling numb since she walked out of my life without any word or reason at all other than to make me feel like she had practically betrayed me and had broken the trust we once had when she promised me she would never hurt me and she did, its the most life changing experience i've had in my entire lifetime and to stand there and watch as that girl turned around and walkedf away as she turned my life into darkness is a memory i will never erase, i mean my life could have ended that day, July 17th that Thursday, the day I'll never forget.

SeanBerry1281
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Nov 2014, 12:39 am

phoenixjsu wrote:
Is there someone who used to be in you life that you miss? Answer with a simple yes or no, or tell us a little about him / her. Be as brief or as in depth as you like.

Rachel and I met exactly five years ago to this day and we instantly became very close we were more than just "close friends" we were more like brother and sister and I knew I could always turn to her for support whenever I needed it, but now when I think of her I just think of all the empty moments where she would grow emotionally detached and shut down
Seeing her sever herself from the world and from me and shut down completley and see her draw into herself and watch how she became unattached emotionally unattached used to drive me crazy, little did we know that that was the last time we would see each other as brother and sister and close friends, for no one could have predicted what the future held in store as a single night would alter a friendship and blur my visions of the future.

It came to a head one night when I looked up her facebook pic one summer night only to have it drive me into a seething fury, so now all I can think of when I think of her now is the outright anger I harboured for her the day she left, I began to suspect that the young woman who I had once so dearly loved as if she was my own sister had betrayed me, the way she had practically abandoned me to the cruel altars of the world when she left me had me feeling this smouldering rage that I have had for her for so long and that she allowed me to feel that rage for walking away to seek a better life in a place somewhere far beyond being with me.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 11:51 am

I miss Wendy, a woman I known since 1974 and was in my class at school from 1974-77. I met her again back in 2003 which was 26 years later and recognised her and became a bit close to her and I fell in love with her back in 2006 and all of a sudden that active social life disappeared as this was associated with the work that I was doing at the time. I have seen her about town a few times until 2010 and then found out she died of pneumonia in February 2011. I spent ages grieving for her without any support during this time whatsoever. No she was not allistic but I did think she had Asperger syndrome because during that time that's what her aura showed that she was on the autistic spectrum and we had similar skills such as excellent spelling, but had more support networks during her 44 years of life than I ever had and had a few friends. I still think about her alot and it still can be a bit sad because of what I felt about her. She may not have felt the same but it is now too late to speculate because she is gone.

Wednesday 13th July 1966-February 2011 R I P Wendy. :|

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm

Yes, my cat. I had to sell him some years ago, he went berserk in the end. But it would be funny to meet him again. I sold him to a old couple that lives in the country with many cats. My former cat probaly enjoys it.

Akilles was his name...but my cat was not a warrior exactly, he was scared for spiders and flies etc. I should have named him something else. :D

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 12:30 am

My brother, he's on an LDS mission right now.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html