Do you miss someone right now?

Page 1 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 170  Next

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 10:03 am

Is there someone who used to be in you life that you miss? Answer with a simple yes or no, or tell us a little about him / her. Be as brief or as in depth as you like.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 10:42 am

I miss my uncle who died three weeks ago. He was 82, my mothers brother. He worked in Hong Kong for twenty years and made a lot of money. His wife had a stroke six months ago so she's not doing to well either.

I miss not being able to visit them anymore, I hate that things change like that, most of that generation of my family is gone now. When my mothers cousin dies my sister will be the eldest.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 10:53 am

I miss Liz, she lives lives up north so fear away. The joy that I get from knowing she really likes me and me for her is starting to wear off. Leaving must wanting to be with her.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 11:02 am

Yes.

He was tall, quick witted, calm and stealthy as a jag, and very very full of love.

Yes.

She was a midget. She was sturdy and strong and unweilding. She was beautiful and crafty, and very very full of love.

Yes.
He was average and dark. He was talented and unweilding. He was selfless, patriotic, and balanced. He was unique. He was very very full of love.

Yes. He was short. He had blue eyes and light hair. He was strong and agile, quick witted and full of facts and applications. He was funny and attentive. He was very very full of love.

Yes. I miss my family.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 11:37 am

I miss my ex. We had a three year relationship and went through a lot together. We met because we were both targets of the same scumbag con artist. During the time we were together we both got diagnosed with AS. I was diagnosed first, but he had been unofficially diagnosed with autism years before. We became very very close. We spent every day together and even when he was away he would call me at least five times a day. We were really never apart for three years. We lived together and then I got pregnant, out of choice, and we had a miscarriage at 5 1/2 months. There were already quite a few little and perhaps not so little problems with the relationship. He was unable to express emotions. I am a very emotional person, although I do lack emotional depth or what otherwise might be called intelligence in some ways. I get so emotional in big ways that I fail to pick up on NTs more subtle expressions and feelings. If emotions are crayons I am the crayon box with a few colors missing, put it that way. In a way we were well suited to each other, but also fated for disaster.

To make a long story short, as I have already written elsewhere in this forum, he was unable to verbally express or respond to other people's emotions. He couldn't validate any of my feelings about the miscarriage. In fact he was very dismissive in his opinions about emotions and shallow in his responses, and this increased after the we lost the baby. This led to a downward spiral and we are now broken up for good.

He has gone on with his life as though NOTHING happened. I haven't talked to him except once when he called me, and then I basically told him I didn't want to hear from him again under the circumstances. Knowing him as I do I know that he will respond to our break up by being Mr. Happy-Happy-Happy. For example my ex immediately moved in with this creepy guy who lives off the avails of prostitution. My ex is doing a lot of various drugs and just having what he considers to be a really good time with the creep he lives with. I'm sure he rarely thinks of me, except what a miserable person that I became. He couldn't even comprehend my grief over the miscarriage. I couldn't comprehend his emotional flatness and shallow responses. I was so angry at him because of his emotional flatness that I felt this smouldering rage constantly. I allowed his lack of emotion to make me rage and this turned me into a very bitter resentful person. He started going off with the creepy friend to various events and I was not included, even though I would have refused even if I was included just because I consider hanging to with people like his friend an insult to my integrity and dignity as a human being.

I still miss him because I remember that before the miscarriage we were very close in many ways, although there were the problems. He would tell me he loved me about ten times a day. We would watch movies or fall asleep holding hands. He would send me emails that expressed his love and how lucky we were to be together. On and on, but I wonder now if those sentiments actually meant anything to him at all. We were going to get married and his parents were going to pay for wedding.

It's hard at times but I know am better off without him. It feels like I have cut out one of my own kidneys though at times. And yet, I do KNOW he is an ASS and I don't mean AS ... I cannot live with a shallow man who is as blank as he is who thinks it is okay to live the lifestyle he is living now.

I wish him well. Maybe he will meet a "nice girl" who doesn't mind that he does drugs rather than feel his emotions and doesn't mind that he lives with a pimp who pays his way everywhere.

But I am getting over it, everyday. I think sometimes we love people but they are really bad for us, as he was for me, despite the good times.

Thanks for letting me rant about missing him.

I did another thread on this subject. If people are getting tired of reading my posts about this I hope they will understand and just ignore my posts. I am a very emotional person and it is hard for me to get over someone, even when I know he is not a good person for me I still miss him.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 12:18 pm

Yes.

I miss the man who was my Music Teacher, for the first Semester of my Grade 7 Year. His first name was Chas, but I knew him as Mr. Jones. He was from Routemaster Country...in other words London, England. Mr. Jones had the bluest eyes that I've ever seen, and he had a wonderful Cockney Accent. I keep trying to trick myself that I'm making it, without him in my life. The truth is that I wish that he was still living around my Area.

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2006, 1:18 pm

I really miss my friend Kelly. :( She went to a youth club for autistic teenagers with me, and I'll always think of her as one of my best friends. She's so much fun to be around, and we always used to chat for ages on the minibus on the way to youth club, and we both would sing along to her discman (always Linkin Park, the last I heard of her she was a major fan) at the tops of our voices.

I think the last time I saw her was on my 18th birthday, and after that I lost her phone number and haven't been able to get back in contact with her since. I've tried to find her again so many times, and I don't think I'll ever give up trying, but so far I've had no luck with getting back in contact with her. :(

Help revive ReBoot!

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Sep 2006, 1:18 pm

Yes.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 1:53 pm

I miss a good friend of mine that used to go to school here but moved back to her hometown, which is over 400 miles away.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 2:27 pm

I have a terrible habit of treating people really badly without meaning to, and then missing them like crazy when they inevitably leave.

I miss many, many people whom I wish I could have talked to properly in spite of myself.

At the moment I particularly miss:

Nathan and Ben Hodges (twins - my best friends at school who moved away)
Lisa (girlfriend from when I was 22/23 - a difficult character, but I loved her anyway)
Katie (my last girlfriend - used to be a happy and angelic soul, but won't talk to me any more)
Dusty (my most wonderful friend, currently away travelling the world)
and Zoe (another very good friend, who works shifts so I don't get to see her very often).

Sweet_Angell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2006, 3:59 pm

yes :cry:

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 4:21 pm

Yes, I certainly do.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 5:12 pm

I miss my wife, but life goes on.

- Emerson

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 11:20 am

anandamide wrote:
Thanks for letting me rant about missing him.

I did another thread on this subject. If people are getting tired of reading my posts about this I hope they will understand and just ignore my posts. I am a very emotional person and it is hard for me to get over someone, even when I know he is not a good person for me I still miss him.

Don't worry about it. I hadn't read anything you had written about it before. I did it because everyone has someone they miss. In most cases it's someone we may never see again or it's a relationship that will never be on quite the same level again.

I think it's a very important (and healthy) thing to be able to admit that you miss that someone. It's normal and perfectly okay. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where you not only get to fess up to it at any extent you like and it was (for me) very comforting to see that other people feel the same way and that they've got similar things going on.

Actually, I would kinda hope a moderator would stick this. It's very appropriate for the relationship forum and there will always be someone who could use this thread and contribute to it.

Thank you all for your responses and I hope more people step up to the plate.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 2:06 pm

You're welcome!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 5:44 pm

I've stuck this Thread for everyone.