Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 11:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
As our country is a country of freedom shielding laws, rather than of religious dogma, I support full civil rights for homosexuals, including marriage.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

When did all this happen? :? :lol:

to his Interest."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
As our country is a country of freedom shielding laws, rather than of religious dogma, I support full civil rights for homosexuals, including marriage.

It hasn't - - yet. But it should. Because we should be a land of laws, rather than dogma.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It hasn't - - yet. But it should. Because we should be a land of laws, rather than dogma.

That was the idea when we started out. At least in the minds of our founding fathers. I guess nothing lasts forever.

N0tYetDeadFred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

I am technically, but I don't like what it implies.

In the 1970s "born again" described Jimmy Carter, or Bob Dylan. Now it means Stephen Baldwin, or Kirk Cameron, or Pat Robertson. I definitely do not belong in the second group. I think I remember Bono commenting on this, and saying that he used phrases like "rebirth" or "new birth" instead because of how it is now perceived.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:30 pm

Show him a movie of Christ and his teachings. He will get to see Him when He was walking among us.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 11:04 pm

Former born-again Christian. I would not have survived high school had it not been for my belief in Christ, and the love of other born-again Christians who helped me through it.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:15 am

I'm a Born Again Christian and I also seem to straddle the line between aspie and NT. I see no point in not having faith and to me Christianity makes the most sense out of the world's religions because it does not put the focus on the believer but rather on God. All other religions require the seeker to become worthy of salvation (or moving to a higher level of consciousness.) In Christianity, you can never be worthy of salvation and nothing you can do will ever change that. Thus, the work of salvation had to be done for you by God. This goes against the grain of how humans see the world as we always want to accomplish something. By taking the sense of accomplishment away, it goes against human nature and thus is not as likely to come from man.

If I am wrong, I lose nothing. For if there is nothing higher than man then life itself is irrelevant and man no more important in the cosmic scheme of things than an ant that gets stepped on by someone walking on a sidewalk. If an asteroid were to wipe all life off the Earth, then that would be irrelevant too. So really, whether I have a false hope or no hope the ultimate outcome is the same. However, if I am right, then I have much to look forward to. I'd rather live with hope than with a sense of inevitable nonexistence. Were I to be an atheist, I would have put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger years ago. It wouldn't matter anyway.