Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 9:14 am

Seriously, I am 16 years old, and all my life my mom has treated me like a baby. Until I was 12 she affectionetly called me "Baby" and I had cute little petnames until my brother was born and I suddenly became "an adult". Now, I've never had much childhood, but I've got this this with my personality that half the time I act like I'm 6 and half the time I act like I'm in my late 30s. Since I go into automatic child mode around my family, I didn't realize how much my mom still looks down at me, despite my being an adult apparently.

I wanted pancakes yesterday, and began to make them. My mother quickly scolded me and sent me on my way. It's not like she needed the kitchen or any materials needed for the pancakes, and she hasn't made me breakfast since I was 4, so I didn't exactly get what the deal was. An hour later, I came back and made two giant pancakes that came out perfectly and had enough batter to make about 5 more. She flipped out, calling me a disobiendient pyscho and forced me to throw it all away. I didn't eat the rest of the day in fear she'd make me throw it all out again. Then she called me a little brat and stalked off.

Another example is that for Halloween, I want to make a The Blob cake. I figured I'd cook up some blitzkuchen and dye some flan red and put candy bones in it and make it look like The Blob (work in progress). Now, making food in my family is a BIG deal; "if you can't cook, well be glad the rest of us can" is the philosophy. And since my blitzkuchen is like eating bits of heaven, I'm good and set for the base. BUT, my mom and stepdad have completely taken over my project and made it theirs. I keep saying I can do it, but they won't let me make my own damn blitzkuchen! They don't even know what blitzkuchen is!

Another example is the whole movie thing. I got grounded for a MONTH for watching 300. I've seen things far more bloody walking home from school in Columbus. She won't let me go out with friends (not that I actually have any lol) or MAKE friends or anything. It's been like this for EVER. I can't even pick out what bra I buy at the freaking store! I think I of all people should know what size and material the bra needs to be thank you very much.

That's not even a fraction of it.

The worst part is niether her nor Paul think I can do anything. They think I'll live in my room for the rest of their lives, jobless and stupid and worthless like I am now. And I've got this really weird urge to just scream at them and yell and do everything I'm not allowed to even though they'll send me to freaking boarding school (whatever that is) if I do.

God the threats get so old, but when she acts upon them, gah. She treats me like an unwanted child she found on the street and was forced to raise. She's been doing so for about 4 years and I'm sick of it! I mean, if you're gonna treat me like a baby, at least spoil the crap out of me and tell me you love me. She freaked out yesterday when she caught me walking around with two Mormans talking about Jesus Christ.

No, the WORST part is that they expect me to be an adult and accept all of this. I am so confused. How am I supposed to accept being treated like a 5 year old and be a mature adult all at once? It makes no sense, and I didn't realize any of this until my biological father brought it up. Well, I cannot believe it, but the old sun troll is right.

I've honestly never been much of a rebel. I've WANTED to rebel for a while now, but then my mom would take my radio, saying all that rock finally got to me, and I would seriously kill myself if I lost the one thing that makes me feel safe in this house.

I'm sorry, I tend to rant when upset. What the hell do I do?

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Are you in school? Maybe you can talk to your teachers about it. Also, is your mom doing all this for religious reasons? I don't know if this is possible, but maybe you can contact a psychologist or the authorities and try to get them to let you live with someone else. Is your biological father nice? Maybe you can live with him. Otherwise, maybe you can live with grandparents or aunts or uncles.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 1:41 pm

GammaGeek wrote:
Another example is the whole movie thing. I got grounded for a MONTH for watching 300. I've seen things far more bloody walking home from school in Columbus. She won't let me go out with friends (not that I actually have any lol) or MAKE friends or anything. It's been like this for EVER. I can't even pick out what bra I buy at the freaking store! I think I of all people should know what size and material the bra needs to be thank you very much.

Just tell her that in four months you'd be legally old enough to watch the movie on your own. If that doesn't get the point across, what you need to do is make your parents feel old so that they'll come to their senses and realize that you must be older too. I recommend this as a good reference.

I don't know about your parents, but my mom will actually reason with me, provided that I have a valid logical argument.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. Your mom is most likely an idiot and a bad parent, and therefore her opinion is worthless anyway.

^ that is, of course, if she has no reasoning behind her idiocy.

mike_the_poet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2011, 2:25 am

Hey, I'm sorry your mom is like that.. my mom is always here for me. I'm really sorry for you :(
Also, you said u were walking with some Mormons?... lol I'm a Mormon

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 3:44 am

My parents generally treat me like an adult, except when it's regarding clothing... :?

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

SammichEater wrote:
GammaGeek wrote:

Just tell her that in four months you'd be legally old enough to watch the movie on your own. If that doesn't get the point across, what you need to do is make your parents feel old so that they'll come to their senses and realize that you must be older too. I recommend this as a good reference.

I don't know about your parents, but my mom will actually reason with me, provided that I have a valid logical argument.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. Your mom is most likely an idiot and a bad parent, and therefore her opinion is worthless anyway.

^ that is, of course, if she has no reasoning behind her idiocy.

My mom isn't an idiot, nor is she a bad parent. Sure she's kinda bitchy at times, but when my biological father left her two months into her pregnancy, she was the one working all night long and half the day to keep us alive. She was the one who taught me to love all humans no matter what terrible shite they do. And she's the one who lets me stay up all night watching bloody movies and buys violent video games when I'm depressed. It's just that she's changed so much she's not evn the same person anymore 90% of the time, and that's depressing.

Her religion states nothing about treating her kids like a baby. I still don't get why I couldn't watch 300, but it was watching after she told me NOT too that set her off. But that doesn't make sense either; I literally went and read all the books she told me not to read and she just rolled her eyes and asked me how I liked them (good books btw).

My stepdad Paul's a factor too, but this situation is harder to deal with. He babies me not only because he thinks I'm incapable, he feels SORRY for me because my dumbass father treats me and my brothers like second rate garbage.

I think this is partially my fault because of my "off" personality and willingness to be babied. I mean, I DID miss out on most of my childhood (thanks Dad).

I ought to do something totally insane to prove to them I'm no baby, but if I fail it will be counterproductive. I haven't got any skills anyway.