I try and be nice to people but people treat me poorly

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

nottelling
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

So yea I try and be nice to people no matter where, and people just treat me poorly for no reason at all, like when I was in grade school from Grade 5 - 8 the teachers and students were mean to me and everything and they would make me go to detention or whatever even for the smallest thing. Even my father complains when I make one small mistake as he complains I don't listen even though I do.

Like I know I was diagnosed with ADD but still everyone pretty much segregated me for no reason, same with work they always gave me lame jobs, wouldn't promote me, etc. Same in grade school, the teachers gave up on me in art class, music class, sports etc.

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

Its complete s**t, whilst I don't understand why this happened, it sucks? hope you can get on with what's important in your life and stick your 2/1 fingers up to all, good luck

nottelling
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

well because back at the first grade school I went to my parents figured the teachers couldn't help me then, when i moved to the next one the teachers were mean to me because I had difficulties learning stuff.

I admit I am jealous of those who made fun of me in school because they all have better jobs than me and have moved out. like really jealous. because I don't have anything.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 11:58 pm

welcome to our thing, nottelling :)
i'd bet good money, that the cads who made fun of you and had better luck in life than you have, if you were to trade places with them and they became the put-upon ones, they just couldn't handle it. so you can say to yourself at least, that you are probably tougher than they are. :wtg:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:41 am

I've been through similar things myself. I also think about the fact that they have better jobs or kids that they're passing down their nasty values to.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 7:40 am

I can't win with this. Say if a friend kept on letting me down all the time, I would still text back and say something positive, and feel good that they still know that I'm their friend. But then in the end that makes them take advantage of me, and they start to know that I'm a suck-up and won't get upset by anything and so start thinking they can treat me the way they want to (and I'll still let them). Even nice people do this - it comes naturally to any people, without them even knowing that they are treating me the way they want to. I probably subconsciously do it to really nice people too.
But then if a friend kept letting me down and I react to it (not in a nasty way, just enough to make it look like I do have feelings instead of being a sweet sugary suck-up all the time), they would (most probably) say, ''there's no need to be like that!'' and then probably not want to know me or trust me any more.

So I really can't win! I don't know how some people don't let themselves be used but can keep friends for a long time. I don't get it.

nottelling
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

we'll after grade 8 I went to a different high school, it was an easier school than the one everyone else went to and they pretty much kicked me to the curb and didn't want anything to do with me.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

Some person was complaining openly about how unfair it was he was having girlfriend troubles and I said that had he been forced to live my life he would have killed himself years ago. Weak as water!

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 5:29 pm

People can be messed up sometimes. Just do the best you can. If people disrespect you, ignore them. If people don't believe in you, prove them wrong. Find something you're good at or that you like doing. Learn more about it. Practice it. Get better and better at it. Then when you're older, and you've made something of yourself, you can go find those people who treated you like dirt and throw it in back their faces.