How many of you wear the same clothes every day?

Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

I only change clothes if I sweat in them. I have a rule to not wear an outfit more than two days in a row, and if I'm going out somewhere, to change into something else, while putting the old outfit on a chair to wear later. If I'm around the house, I may wear an outfit for three or four days before calling it quits and throwing it in the laundry pile.

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

I have a very limited wardrobe. At home, all I can stand to wear are white tee shirts with a vee neck and black sweat pants. When I go out I wear a colored tee shirt and have a couple of pairs of colored sweat pants and a pair of white shorts if it is very hot. I only wear black tennis shoes of a particular brand or flip-flops. I have a few pairs of trousers/jeans and wear them on occasions where sweat pants would be too dressed down. I have a few non-tee shirts but only like shirts that are one single color. I only put a dress on about once every ten years for a wedding or funeral. I have always only comfortable in very few types of clothes.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

If I don't need to go anywhere special, I can go into weeks of wearing the same clothes. My mother has been trying to get me to change more often, and I have a limited wardrobe.... yeah, I should go buy some clothes...

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

I can wear any oufit as long as I wear a scarf and my black flats. I feel naked without them

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

For pants, I'm pretty flexible and will wear more or less whatever, but I very rarely wear shorts even in summer. For shirts, I got into the semi-odd habit of wearing red shirts. I'd wear other colors occasionally, too, so now probably only 4/7 days I wear a red shirt. I got into the habit of wearing red shirts as this girl I liked in high school said she liked guys in red shirts, and I sorta took that sentimentality with me when I got to buying clothes for myself. But generally I'm wearing some random preppy name (Hilfiger/Polo/Abercrombie/Aeropostale) red tshirt most days. Pants I'm flexible, wear dark jeans, blue jeans, camo, and Dockers occasionally. For shoes, even with sneakers 90% of the time now I wear dress socks, and all my dress socks are the same brand, and would be same color if the dollar store didn't run out of the color I was wearing. I wear them either with my combat boots I wear maybe once or twice a week (they're desert boots so they basically look like timberlands) but mostly because I don't feel like changing into normal socks again before and after ice skating, and I need dress socks for better feel on the ice and to not get blisters.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

17 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

I switch between wearing jean shorts or jeans every week. I have a few shirts and hoodies I switch between daily. I always wear the same pair of shoes every day. I have four pairs of the same exact socks, and three boxers.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

I've worn the same clothes for months at a time. (I did change my socks and underwear, and washed the rest every 2 or 3 days)....I try not to do this nowdays, not because I care that other people might think it's weird (which I've learned they sometimes do) but because it makes my favorite garments wear out way too fast....there comes a point where there isn't enough fabric left to sew something back together

Sparhawke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2011, 1:12 pm

I am completely useless at clothes, I do not really understand "fashion" and how people can justify paying so much money for something they will rarely wear, especially if there is such a short window of opportunity like Summer in England (which I am sure a few of you must know about) so I have pretty much the same clothes on a cycle...craghopper pants (which dry really fast if wet in a rainstorm) and assorted tee-shirts and sweaters, maybe a sports pullover and boots with the same red thermal jacket all the time.

I like simple, practical clothes, maybe if I go to topman I will pick out something simple with top, pants and shoes and leave it like that, distressed or ripped shirts and jeans that people seem to like these days confuse me.

I am at least aware that I have next to no biceps so try to wear a pullover most of the time, but since I am almost always cold that is not such a hard thing lol

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

I've been known in my family for wearing the same pair of jeans for about two weeks. But that was just an experiment. Now I wear the same clothes when I'm lazy.

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

I'm the type who wears clothes only once before they go into the laundry basket to be washed, and I do laundry once a week as I have several pairs of jeans and shorts that last through laundry day. The only thing I wear more than once is my regular bras, but since I sweat in sports bras at the gym, they get worn once.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 1:52 pm

I wear the same clothes for some days, clean them and wear again. I can imagine choosing clothes, matching them, having a style... but I can't stand it. I don't have patience to it. And I don't like stylish women clothes irl, they're great in the magazine or photo, but uncomfortable to wear.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

stme
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

Oh, I always wear the same clothes everyday. I'm like Gilligan from Gilligan's island.

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

Lol Until it starts to smell.
I seriously wouldn't have any problems wearing a uniform everyday as long as it was comfortable.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

I tend to wear always the same clothes.

Hikikamori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2011, 2:01 am

I wear the same cloths for about 3 days, then I think I feel I need a change. I do only have like 3 outfits I wear all the time and have been for a couple years now. I use to buy the same outfit or maybe buy the same shirt in a different color.

I will get a new outfit if it is like a wedding or something I they make me go out.

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2011, 2:13 am

hi there,

what reasons might there be, that we rather wear the same clothes?

for me its:
- i like my clothes and i see no argument why to wear e.g. a different trouser every day as long as it doesn't seem to smell
- it takes probably a bit more time until i am really comfortable with a clothing, and when i am then i don't change so much
- I maybe don't care so much about the reactions of others
- I don't have a fine nose, so even when some thinks smell, i don't realize early. Nowadays i take more care about this.

what about you?

anton