How many of you wear the same clothes every day?

Page 2 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2011, 2:13 am

hi there,

what reasons might there be, that we rather wear the same clothes?

for me its:
- i like my clothes and i see no argument why to wear e.g. a different trouser every day as long as it doesn't seem to smell
- it takes probably a bit more time until i am really comfortable with a clothing, and when i am then i don't change so much
- I maybe don't care so much about the reactions of others
- I don't have a fine nose, so even when some thinks smell, i don't realize early. Nowadays i take more care about this.

what about you?

anton

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2011, 2:57 am

antonblock wrote:
hi there,

what reasons might there be, that we rather wear the same clothes?

for me its:
- i like my clothes and i see no argument why to wear e.g. a different trouser every day as long as it doesn't seem to smell
- it takes probably a bit more time until i am really comfortable with a clothing, and when i am then i don't change so much
- I maybe don't care so much about the reactions of others
- I don't have a fine nose, so even when some thinks smell, i don't realize early. Nowadays i take more care about this.

what about you?

anton

I agree with what you have put.
- I only find certain clothes comfortable and if I have to wear something new or different I find it stressful and it takes a while to get used to
- I don't feel the need to look attractive
- I don't understand why certain clothes are nicer/more fashionable than others. The differences seem so minute and fashion changes all the time, which doesn't make sense
- The function of clothes is to keep you warm and cover your private areas, and my clothes do these things, so they are fine

viera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2011, 3:30 am

My clothes are all the same style. jeans pants/shorts with some top. I wear the same style tops that only differ in color.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 3:35 am

viera wrote:
My clothes are all the same style. jeans pants/shorts with some top. I wear the same style tops that only differ in color.

On the rare occasions when I have to buy clothes, I buy 2 or 3 exactly the same of things that feel comfortable. Then I wear them until they fall apart.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 3:42 am

liveandletdie wrote:
What's the longest you have worn a set of clothes?

About 3 months. I tend to over wear my clothes but there are 3 reasons as far as I can tell: I don't see the need to own a huge wardrobe so my clothes tend to overlap. I don't put much into the idea of washing clothes I don't think are dirty. And most importantly(this is a bit off but you asked) I am nearly nose deaf so I can't tell something needs washed until it REALLY needs washed.

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 3:01 pm

I have 4 sorts of joggins and a E.T t-shirt :P that's all i wear since i never go out.

i wear one pair of joggings every week.. so practically whole week the same.
it's just so easy since deciding what to wear is really annoying.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

Beabe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

2 days tops
I hate wearing the same things everyday

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2011, 5:33 pm

Not too much during the week, because I might have to go somewhere, but on the weekends I do. I got dressed last Thur. morning and finally changed clothes last night (Sun.). I'm very bad about doing that, but I just don't care, I'm comfortable and to change clothes would be changing that level of comfort. If it's jeans and a tee that I'm wearing, I will take the jeans off at night and sleep in the tee. If, like over the weekend, I'm in a tee and cut off jogging pants, I sleep in all of it.

KathySilverstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2011, 2:39 am

Great thread. I was just talking about this very topic on my Facebook tonight, after spending FOUR HOURS trying to find a pair of pants to wear for the winter.... and I only did that because I thought that maybe having only one truly wearable pair of pants an one semi wearable pair might not be the best thing. (I would prefer 2 wearable pairs). But with all my sensitivities, clothes shopping is murder, an pants are the worst. I am SO sensitive in my waist area, and need everything to be beyond loose, and believe me, no one makes them that way!! All I want is a simple loose cotton pair of pants, soft an thin, with a drawstring, kin of like PJs but not....should that be so hard to find? Everyone insists on making the waists either really tight or really thick, even the yoga pants or the supposedly "comfort" drawstring pants. A friend and I have spent hours looking. I'm just hoping the ones I got today will work.

For a very long time, like 1-2 years, I only had one wearable shirt, and 1 semi wearable to wear when washing. Beat that. A soft cotton tshirt. Thankfully, last year I discovered the exact kind of tshirt I like by threads for thought in Whole foods and bought like 10 of them, and then acquired a few others by luck, so now I have like 14. What a relief THAT is , I'll tell you!

Now if only I can find some pants, lol.

So, yes, I do wear the same thing, and am glad I am not the only one.

Xayah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2011, 2:44 am

oh my, no. Wear an outfit for one day - or half a day, depending how hot it was or if I've been exercising - then put it in the dirty clothes hamper, do laundry at the end of the week. My mother trained me well :wink:

the trials and tribulations of a girl pretending to be normal

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 3:23 am

I wear a different outfit everyday, unless I don't need to go out at all then I might just wear pajamas. I have mountains of clothes for every season and most of them are comfortable. I think I have about 10 coats for winter, even after donating some. It's hard to resist buying clothes that are very cheap and flattering, as I'm a very standard size. :)

I do wear everything twice or three time before washing them. Laundry is one of my special interest so I don't have problem washing everything. :D

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2011, 4:45 am

I wear trousers for about 1,5 week before bowing to the wash, t-shirts I can strectch to 4 days at maximum and blouses 4 days as well, maybe 6 if I try hard. I was on a scedule that allows me to only wear my favorite clothes, otherwise I might go into mini-meltdown from the sensory issues involved. I would do a lot for a tumble dryer though, but we do not have the space.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

Twist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2011, 6:04 am

i have a black sports hoody that i've probably worn 300 days out of the last year, and it's been washed once against my will 8)

*proud*

TheFangirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2011, 9:46 am

I wear clothes until they're dirty. Growing up I only wore clothes once and washed them, but I don't see the point. If they aren't stained or smelly, then they aren't really dirty, are they? Overwashing clothes makes them fall apart faster too. I usually end up wearing the same pants for a week and the same shirt for a few days. I change socks and underwear every day.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

The What and the Wearfor topic

I usually do not notice what anyone wears, and as a young person I was surprised when others noticed my attire. There is no need to wash something worn once if it is not dirty or stinky. From experience you discover what can be worn a few times over a few days without laundering. I change less in the colder months. Some clothes I enjoy wearing a few days, others not.

Good thread for threads. :wink:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

I will typically wear the same thing for several days. I have 2 or 3 pairs of jeans, but I usually wear just one of the pairs all week. Currently, I have a Harry Potter shirt that I like to wear a lot, and have a tank top that matches in my favorite color (turquoise) that I wear under it. If I go somewhere, that's what I usually wear. At home, I usually wear sweatpants and the tank top that I was wearing under my shirt.

I used to wear tshirts pretty exclusively, but I felt very unfeminine because of it. I actually really love fashion (I like it on other people, and love dressing up my Sims and Rock Band characters, etc), so I was excited to wear some nice clothes myself. I wore a full wardrobe throughout college (different shirt every day, alternated pants), but now that I don't go out or see the same people every day, as with school, I've reverted back to wearing the same, comfortable clothes over and over.

The thing I hated the most about wearing a variety of clothing was picking out what I was going to wear. I would literally try on a dozen things the night before to make sure it looked right, and it was very stressful. If I didn't get the opportunity to pick out my clothes the night before, I would have a mini breakdown looking at the contents of my closet.

My birthday is next month, and although I'll be 26, I have picked out several novelty t-shirts that I'd like as gifts. That way, I don't have to worry about the stigma of wearing the same thing every day, but the shirts will be very similar and easy to select from.

Oh, I forgot that I've also worn the same shoes for 13 years. Not the exact pair, obviously, but the same exact color and style (black and grey checkered vans). We recently got a new manager at work (very hard for me to deal with), and she felt that my shoes weren't appropriate, and told me I had to wear other shoes. I reluctantly bought a pair of plain
Black athletic shoes, but had trouble remembering to wear them at first (13 years!), and so I got written up for the first time in 9 years.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

Last edited by fragileclover on 09 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.