An offer from me to any dyspraxic's in the UK.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

I am a very competent weightlifting & corrective exercise coach. I got into this via my own dyspraxia and also rehabbing several injuries and congenital joint problems. I have learnt an enormous amount through improving my own abilities and have also coached many people in strength & conditioning from the exceptionally athletic/gifted to the injured, old and frail.

I believe that lifting heavy weights is the best possible way to stimulate the nervous system and build strong motor pathways around the body, developing the precise, agile yet powerful muscle & limb control that dyspraxics lack.

This will also help with other issues common to dyspraxic's such as poor stability of joints (particularly shoulders) due to lack of musculature, poor posture, stride/gait, balance, jumping ability, grip, accuracy etc.. the list is endless.

And this is before we get to the general stuff, such as. Massive increase in athleticism/power, musculature (aesthetics too), health, sprinting speed, agility, bone & joint strength, strength of connective tissues, hormonal balance, energy, sleep, libido, appetite, boost in endorphins and such (depressives can most often ditch medicating when taking part in regular intense physical activity).

Well, my offer is. I will spend my time coaching you, with great dilligence. For free!
I am based in Birmingham UK. So you will have to come here unless you are willing to pay for me to come to you (which I probably would).