Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

For dates/attracting people, how much does clothing matter?
Not much 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
It matters a little. 29%  29%  [ 18 ]
A good bit 37%  37%  [ 23 ]
A lot. 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 62

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 6:18 am

Humperdinck wrote:
DeanAdamFry wrote:
I hate wearing clothes/shoes that show off logos or pictures of your favourite band/game/whatever, I also hate those stupid manbags that men are carrying around these days, the ones that go over one shoulder it just looks so girlish and looks like your trying to fit in too much, same with these men who wear make-up to look emo/goth, your no different from the rest of the world.

I just wear clothes that suit me, I can wear very bright clothes and dark clothes and still look great, most men and even some women don't have a good enough fashion sense to know what suits them for their age/body type/face and just wear whatever they like but fail to notice that they look terrible wearing them and can turn people off them.

What do you lot think?

well you would hate my style then. Makeup check, satchel bag check, band shirt check.

I should mention i have shoulder legnth blonde hair too.

Yeah I most likely wouldn't like your style but as long as your wearing it because you want to wear it and not to just "fit in" then I wouldn't have an issue, I'm not very good at wording out my opinions when it comes to these sort of things and tend to come across as rude.

My opinion on the quote above is targeted at people who wear clothes/make-up whatever just to fit in and not for their own tastes, you be surprised how many people actually wear certain clothes just to fit in rather than go for something that would suit their tastes.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 6:32 am

Huh what have I missed?

No one looks better in cool baggy cargoes and a lightweight merino top than I...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 7:45 am

hyperlexian wrote:
mv wrote:
Grisha, you're a freaking cutie, so quit it. Especially for "our" "advanced" age (I don't think 44-year old women look like 44-year old men, on the whole).

no YOU quit it. YOU'RE a freaking cutie!! !

+100! :)

Humperdinck
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 8:31 am

Grisha wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
mv wrote:
Grisha, you're a freaking cutie, so quit it. Especially for "our" "advanced" age (I don't think 44-year old women look like 44-year old men, on the whole).

All 3 of you are hotties. humperdinck is glad that he doesn't know you all in person because he would have an inferiority complex.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

Humperdinck wrote:
Grisha wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
mv wrote:

All 3 of you are hotties. humperdinck is glad that he doesn't know you all in person because he would have an inferiority complex.

Agreed but make that 4 of you.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

spongy wrote:
Humperdinck wrote:
Grisha wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
mv wrote:

Agreed but make that 4 of you.

now YOU'RE going to be smushed in this nested compliment, spanish cutie!! !

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 9:25 pm

I love to wear expensive stylish clothing for myself just because I love the way it looks and feels. If someone else likes or loves the way expensive and stylish clothing look on me, it makes it all the better. :)

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Melpomene
Raven
Raven

26 Sep 2011, 4:08 am

I'd rather wear clothes that fit well and look stylish than those that are unnecessarily expensive. Same goes for what I prefer on men. As long as clothes don't look tacky or worn and suit the person who's wearing them, I couldn't care less about how much they cost.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2011, 9:06 am

A fool and his money are soon parted.

This applies to most expensive clothing imo.

I don't get why being fashionable and stylish are goods things, they are just fear mongering words they use to get you to buy their crappy clothes.

They say fashion is all bout expressing yourself, which I think is bs, how can it be? with so many rules and lots people telling you what you can and can't wear.

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2011, 11:41 am

Freak-Z wrote:
A fool and his money are soon parted.

This applies to most expensive clothing imo.

I don't get why being fashionable and stylish are goods things, they are just fear mongering words they use to get you to buy their crappy clothes.

They say fashion is all bout expressing yourself, which I think is bs, how can it be? with so many rules and lots people telling you what you can and can't wear.

Yeah exactly but you got to understand that most people are sheep, they NEED to be told what to do to function in this world and that applies to everything, that's why I don't like people who try to "fit in" because of this sole reason, they aren't wearing/doing that for themselves, they are doing it to fit in because they have been told to wear those kinda clothes in that certain group.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm

i recently started wearing nicer clothes like no old jeans with holes in them or shirts with stains/tears. also i am wearing nicer shoes now and trying to look nicer in general. i hadn't thought about it before til people began telling me my clothes looked very raggedy. seems like women are slightly more receptive?

also i am getting hair cuts now...which i never did before, usually just shaved my head. this could help as well maybe.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm

I personally wore American Eagle one day and it helped me find a smoking beautiful girl but sadly things didn't work out cuz I acted liked a giant douche.