Page 5 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

For dates/attracting people, how much does clothing matter?
Not much 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
It matters a little. 29%  29%  [ 18 ]
A good bit 37%  37%  [ 23 ]
A lot. 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 62

Humperdinck
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

Grisha wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Am I the only girl in the world that prefers men in dirty cargo pants and an unshaven face?

Not wearing cargo pants, but I can look pretty slovenly when I want to...

grisha is hot.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 8:03 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Am I the only girl in the world that prefers men in dirty cargo pants and an unshaven face?
Cargo pants on men are awesome. I like to wear them myself, as well.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Humperdinck
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

I love dressing in steampunk clothes. I dress as a woman with a corset under the dress or as a man. I am lucky i look very androdgenous.

My everyday attire is skiny leg jeans, converse shoes and usually a gaming shirt sometimes teamed with a long sleeve top underneath.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

Humperdinck wrote:
Grisha wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

grisha is hot.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm the one that's not smiling (on the right)...

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

Grisha wrote:
Humperdinck wrote:
Grisha wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

grisha is hot.

:lmao:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm

MathGirl wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Cargo pants on men are awesome. I like to wear them myself, as well.

Stop. Hammertime.

I worked in an office for a while, and have a nice collection of slacks and dress shirts. I thought I'd hate dressing like that, but I feel really comfortable dressed in them. I can also have extremely spiky hair, and no one cares.

Most people in the college I attend dress like they just came from a workout, which I find distasteful. It makes a good impression on me if someone has put a little effort into what they wear, no matter whether they go preppy or hippy, or even country.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

Grisha wrote:
Humperdinck wrote:
Grisha wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

grisha is hot.

:lol:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 10:10 pm

Humperdinck wrote:
I love dressing in steampunk clothes. I dress as a woman with a corset under the dress or as a man. I am lucky i look very androdgenous.

My everyday attire is skiny leg jeans, converse shoes and usually a gaming shirt sometimes teamed with a long sleeve top underneath.

My every day attire is boot cut jeans or cargo pants paired with either a geeky or car t-shirt (sometimes with a long sleeved shirt under) or a tank/feminine top of some sort.

I'm not lucky enough to look androgynous. My figure is too hourglass.

Karuna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2011, 6:29 am

i think i probably have a problem seeing clothes. Haha, not that i have x ray vision, the quality of someones clothes simply doesn't register with me.

ICY
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2011, 7:29 am

I’d say that in basic terms expensive cloths = signs of wealth, wealth = ability to provide for a partner and resulting children. However I’d also say that the condition of said cloths needs to be remembered regarding the impression being given off.

I wonder how much relative influence these factors have regarding how others will perceive you. For example, would someone in dirty but expensive clothing be more attractive than someone in similar but much cheaper clothing that had been washed and ironed the same day?

Off the top of my head I’d guess that as long as the type of clothing is the same that the condition of a person’s clothing may mean more than the cost unless the cost of the clothing is oblivious to others.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Clothing that matches is absolutely vital.

As long as you ditch the khaki pants unless wearing a suit you should be good to go.

Jeans are a big help.

White tennis shoes are a big no-no.

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

I hate wearing clothes/shoes that show off logos or pictures of your favourite band/game/whatever, I also hate those stupid manbags that men are carrying around these days, the ones that go over one shoulder it just looks so girlish and looks like your trying to fit in too much, same with these men who wear make-up to look emo/goth, your no different from the rest of the world.

I just wear clothes that suit me, I can wear very bright clothes and dark clothes and still look great, most men and even some women don't have a good enough fashion sense to know what suits them for their age/body type/face and just wear whatever they like but fail to notice that they look terrible wearing them and can turn people off them.

What do you lot think?

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
Clothing that matches is absolutely vital.

Matching clothing is for suckers.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

Grisha, you're a freaking cutie, so quit it. Especially for "our" "advanced" age (I don't think 44-year old women look like 44-year old men, on the whole).

On topic: the only thing I care about is whether he's dressed "appropriately" for wherever we are. That only means: "Please don't draw attention to us, because I don't know what we did wrong, clothing-wise."

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

mv wrote:
Grisha, you're a freaking cutie, so quit it. Especially for "our" "advanced" age (I don't think 44-year old women look like 44-year old men, on the whole).

Thank you dear! :)

I needed that... :heart:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

DeanAdamFry wrote:
I hate wearing clothes/shoes that show off logos or pictures of your favourite band/game/whatever, I also hate those stupid manbags that men are carrying around these days, the ones that go over one shoulder it just looks so girlish and looks like your trying to fit in too much, same with these men who wear make-up to look emo/goth, your no different from the rest of the world.
Sometimes I wonder why is it that the women in our society get to wear make-up while the men don't. While I have never been a guy, I would imagine that at least some guys out there would think that it's fun to paint your face, too.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.