What high school do you go to/did you go to?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sibelius
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2011, 9:49 am

Do/did you like it or not? Tell me about it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

I was homeschooled through high school grades and I loved it. Homeschooling is essentially autodidacticism and it encourages the actual learning of academic subjects rather than merely getting grades for the sake of passing classes alone. If I could choose it over again, I would gladly select homeschooling over government controlled "education".

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

I was on independent study until my junior year of high school, in which I took biology, Spanish and Pre Calculus and the rest of my classes at home, in which I saw a teacher once a week to grade my school work and got my assignments for the next week. I took all of my classes at the high school during senior year and I actually enjoyed it. I went to Rim of the World High School during that time. It was a pretty high school with a pretty view of the city below since it was located on the rim of the mountain, about 5000 feet above sea level.

Last edited by DragonKazooie89 on 26 Sep 2011, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm

I was/am homeschooled.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 10:26 pm

I attended a ghetto high school that had a serious teen pregnancy problem (it was so bad that it was completely normal to see pregnant girls walking through the halls). While I maintained friendly terms with various students while participating in different clubs and organizations, the obnoxiousness and ghettoness of most of my classmates irked me throughout all four years that I attended that school.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Sep 2011, 11:17 pm

Scappoose High School. I'd describe it as a well updated building; brand new auditorium, extended classroom wings with lighting updates, at least 20 Smart Boards, and a large supply of computers to use that are all connected to one CPU and some sort of multi-tasking software that allows multiple users at once. (sorry for the run-on sentence)

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

26 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

Did I like high school? Yes and no. I attended a public high school; never went to a private school nor was I homeschooled. Getting back to my yes and no answer, I didn't like my freshman year of high school. It took me the entire school year to memorize the layout of the school, which subjectc were taught in which building (there were nine buildings that formed the school, listed 100 to 900). Towards the end of ninth grade, I was failing every class except Health, and was evaluated for ADHD. By the end of the school year, in just three months, I had gone from a failing student to a getting all B's with the help of ADHD meds (although having to go see the school nurse during lunch was kinda embarassing). At the start of tenth grade, half of my classes were General Ed, half Special Ed (although the teachers called those classes "Directed Studies"). It would remain that way until I graduated.