Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blackberryplum
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2011, 10:57 pm

I agree about the feeling of unemployment. I am not "unemployed". I have a job as a substitute teacher. I like the kids but I don't make very much and some of the rougher schools cause me tons of anxiety. I feel like I want to run at top speed, jump in my car and head homeward.

I am lucky that my husband works but I feel there should be a shared load in marriage. Not me at a job where I only make 40 bucks a week. I want to get up in the morning and sit in traffic looking important like the rest of the world.

When you don't pull in income you do loose some of life's choices. You can't even go buy an ice cream cone to feel better.

Try temping. Working 1 to 2 days a week while waiting for the big job might do your self esteem some good.

Good luck and you are not alone.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

I don't like being unemployed myself because what happens is your confidence is low and your self esteem is even lower and you feel useless.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 8:32 pm

I'd rather not work because I know I'd probably be stuck doing some crummy job that I hate for a pittance.

I don't even know how to get a job. I only had 2 jobs ever in my life which totaled up to less than 2 months of work and neither were full time. I'm 36.

It's hard finding a job when you have no experience, education, car, and are socially phobic and have poor social skills.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 1:07 am

I hate being unemployed too and I feel better when I work. I function better when I work. Finding work is hard.

I am working part time right now.