Look at this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/se ... nd-face-un

Obama is constantly in campaign mode.

ruveyn

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

meh, i dont find this particularly amusing. im sure there is a logical explanation if you could find someone who knew the details. actually let me see if i can. to the google engine batman.

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

His hand is over the face of Mongolian President Tsakhia Elbegdorj. Couldn't find much more info than that. Some people think its photo-shopped, despite originating from Getty, which is supposed to be legit. I couldn't say for sure on that count but it does look strange, and not everyone fitting. From my own examination i can say there is no consensus as to where everyone is looking at the camera, and several people have the type of smile that it is apparent they are in the process of laughing, possibly conversing amongst themselves. Dude third from the left on top row looks a hell of a lot like Ronald Reagan, could just be a coincidence. Lady next to him has the appearance of exuding joviality, and invading Reagans personal bubble whilst doing so, though it is unclear what she is reacting to. So my theory is that it was either fake, or that it was not a photograph taken at an agreed upon moment, perhaps they were mingling in position while media gathered. I am relatively positive there is more to the picture than it was presented as, and i am absolutely positive i analyzed it far beyond any actual significance.

And then i started searching through a list of members of the U.N. and their photos to attempt to confirm if there were people in the picture who were not members. But this task was too daunting and i became frustrated. I can say that several people actually are members.

I must remit my original statement that this photo is not amusing, because it is ridiculous the amount of time i have wasted just now analyzing it, while I already decided it was not worthy of attention, and while i should be working on English homework. I hate English, and my lack of executive function.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

ruveyn wrote:
... Obama is constantly in campaign mode. ruveyn

In other news, water is wet!

;)

Seriously, any politician worth his or her kickbacks will begin campaigning for re-election on the very same day they are sworn in.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

And why should he not be campaigning? The Republicans are certainly on the campaign trail, gunning for his job right this second.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And why should he not be campaigning? The Republicans are certainly on the campaign trail, gunning for his job right this second.

He has probably spent more time Campaigning and Vacationing than he has actually being President.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

^ Just curious, did you have a problem with Bush taking so many vacation days?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He has probably spent more time Campaigning and Vacationing than he has actually being President.

I think even you know that's an exaggeration.

angiebanana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

well my internet is slow and not loading the site, so i'm not sure what the article is exactly about. and i don't like to join in political discussions, but...
what the President is doing is making a traffic nightmare in Los Angeles. Carmagheddon wasn't this bad. I'm not sure exactly what his trip is about, but I remember reading that he's going to be @ House of Blues.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 10:20 pm

You think Obama is bad? Even Putin was planning to campaign back for presidency in Russia, while being the prime minister! :p

So console yourselves Americans! At least you're not yet in some kind of autocracy.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

A 1st term president is in campaign mode? unpossible.