Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

24 Oct 2011, 1:59 pm

Oblivion. I hoard potions and poisons unless I decide I really don't need them. There isn't any potion in the game you can't make more effective by just making it yourself.

I also always keep at least one head of lettuce and one roll of yarn in case I want to do Sheogorath's Daedric shrine quest. I end up hoarding at least five units of ectoplasm in case I join the Fighters Guild, since there's a quest that requires it. I always hold onto one piece of troll fat in case I do Malacath's quest and a lion, bear, or wolf pelt if I want to do Hircine's quest. And yet I've never once done all of the Daedric shrine quests because at some point, I'll get bored and start over with a new character. This is before factoring in the mods I've got. (Ended up having to use Wrye Bash to merge Unique Landscapes, COBL, Better Cities, and a few other mods so I don't break the mod limit.) And then there's various weapons, in case I want to enchant them and resell them for much more money than they're normally worth (Up to glass/ebony/daedric quality).

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 2:39 am

yep espeashily in fallout 3, i got over-encumbered so much i got a mod to increase my carry weight just to be able to pick up more stuff, most of it gets sold for caps and then pumped into buying ammo. but right now i'm collecting guns from a mod.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:01 am

It depends on the game. In most games, I'll sell off my junk as soon as possible.

But then there's games like Dragon Quest IX, where every item can be used for crafting (or whatever they called it, alchemy? I can't remember), so I end up hoarding a bunch of crap I don't need, whereas I'd usually sell off all my old weapons/armor as soon as they're obsolete.

There's also games like STALKER and Ultima Underworld, where there's a survival element present, so I try to keep as well-stocked as possible, because you never know. Or Resident Evil. Definitely Resident Evil. But the later into the series you go, more often than not you find yourself with emptier and emptier pockets.

Back when I used to play Ultima VIII, I would hoard as much cheese as I could. I kept it all in a chest in an abandoned house on the East side of town. It was kind of funny.

I've been kind of having problems in Gauntlet: Dark Legacy lately. In most home console ports of the game (games, including Legends), they let you save your special items for later. So I always end up saving tons of items I never use; but at least it leaves me with a few really good ones for the bosses.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:04 pm

Ah, yes. Definitely.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:07 pm

Titangeek wrote:
Yes. The best example would be when i played World of Warcraft, even when i reached lvl 85, i still had armor from when my Paladin was a level 15 because it just looked neat :lol: My bank/bags where always full.

I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas, my inventory has not dropped bellow 200wg in 3 weeks, I can't bring my self to get rid of all those shiny guns :lol: I've probably got 3000 caps worth of stuff I will never use :roll: I'm not even going to mention the junk I have my companions carrying :oops:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

Titangeek wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
Yes. The best example would be when i played World of Warcraft, even when i reached lvl 85, i still had armor from when my Paladin was a level 15 because it just looked neat :lol: My bank/bags where always full.

I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas, my inventory has not dropped bellow 200wg in 3 weeks, I can't bring my self to get rid of all those shiny guns :lol: I've probably got 3000 caps worth of stuff I will never use :roll: I'm not even going to mention the junk I have my companions carrying :oops:

:lol:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

???

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Oct 2011, 11:02 pm

Titangeek wrote:
???

:?

Back to the subject...

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 11:05 pm

:?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 11:07 pm

I think I have almost every car in Forza Motorsport 3... :chin:

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 5:58 am

I'll sign up to the Fallout 3 collectors round up! Other than the unique weapons and armour, I used to collect those items that made the biggest profit - cartons of cigarettes etc... - to be able to buy more ammo.

I found it pretty funny that I'm just walking around with over 500 missles, 15,000 5.56, around 25 mini nukes, lol. Yet I'm still at a disadvantage when an Overlord spawns nearby. It's like I could wipe out the entire map and you have some pesky laser bothering me?!

Oh and don't get me started on GT5. Every single time I restart, I simply cannot avoid selling up the Vitz, doing the kart races and selling off another car just to buy that blue E-Type. Even though it isn't premium...which makes me mad. Anything sixties/seventies european I'll get. Can't avoid not getting the Furai either, even though I consider using it cheating because it's so good.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 7:01 am

Titangeek wrote:

i did this on my warrior somewhat, i got some battleground gear that looked cool, after i got it the next patch ruled in eventually and the battleground gear became arena gear only. so i was one of the last people to obtain the armor without needing arena points.

Erebus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Oct 2011, 11:35 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Yes, I horde everything in that game, and all the past ones. I will constantly buy lots of crap on the games, and not even use them. So I have a bunch of version 1 weapons. :lol:

I'm quite the Ratchet & Clank fan myself, or at least, I was. I ended up hoarding all the weapons, but I also trained them up (which was a bit of a pain in Deadlocked, since the level cap was 99). I believe it adds to the fun of the game to fully upgrade all the weapons, especially in the arena challenges.

Though that does give me a nostalgia for when I used to play those games... It was a very lighthearted and funny series.

truth15ful
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2011, 9:36 pm

Animal crossing for DS :P
I used to hoard everything, from fruit to fossils to Bells. Then I switched to the Wii version and then thought, "Why am I playing a game that duplicates life when I already have a REAL one? 8O"

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 6:37 am

truth15ful wrote:
Animal crossing for DS :P

I have Animal Crossing for the DS. Want to hear how bad my hoarding is in it?

I played for 2 years before I got bored. Over time I ended up with 7 copies of the game for more storage space. I had each packed full of stuff with lists of all my stored items and everything stored in each game card. I was a duper and have over 12 billion bells in the bank, loads of royal crowns, every legit item you can get in the game, lots of hacked items like "not used" items and "seeds" (I'm not a seeder, just a collector), and probably around 50 Mario sets.

I also kept track of my turnip prices and buying and selling with so much detail I had people online asking me if/telling me I should be an engineer.

truth15ful
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2011, 4:31 pm

Do you have the Wii version? (of AC) I haven't played it in a while but I remember I would always keep all the fossils that I could.
So... 12 billion Bells? And HACKED items?! AND you've filled 7 copies?!? You HAVE to tell me how to get stuff like that! :P