Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2011, 1:41 pm

Me and my friend got this weird thing when we play games. We co-operate to gather as much money as possible jsut to have them and we never use them.
Anyone else just hoard up on purpose? :D

HoodedShadow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2011, 2:21 pm

Yes, I collect all kind of useless junk on an RPG game, I have my bank full all the time on that game and I'm even paying for extra bank space.
And on Team Fortress 2 I try to collect at least one of each item and often have duplicates until I craft them into metal again, the greed for hats on TF2 forces me to craft so much items into metal.

Email address: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhid ... 0lSIA-uw==

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

How do I put this? YES! !! !! ! Or as the Germans say, JA! !! !! !! !! !

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

makayla its fun your avatar shows a game that encourages hording to quite an extent

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Sep 2011, 4:59 pm

thedaywalker wrote:
makayla its fun your avatar shows a game that encourages hording to quite an extent

Insomniac Moon ftw! :D

Yes, I horde everything in that game, and all the past ones. I will constantly buy lots of crap on the games, and not even use them. So I have a bunch of version 1 weapons. :lol:

Dr_Chuck_Norris
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

Fallout 3, nuff said i basically took every object from the capital wasteland and placed it in my possession at Tenpenny tower.
No object escaped my grasp, and i mean not a single thing. 8)
But beyond RPG'S i cant say i really hoard stuff purposely, alot of the times its actually by accident somehow :?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

25 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

In Morrowind I typically use the Abandoned Flat mod (I love having my own secret training and storage facility). I never use the alchemy containers to organize my ingredients (they're always organized anyway) so I fill them up with everything. The first time I played through I filled up all the containers and had books and potions and such all over the place, as well as armor and weapons once the display dummies were all full up. In Diablo II I always end up muling a ton of stuff, and I have so much crap in my vault in Titan Quest it's ridiculous.

ZippyZ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2011, 1:49 pm

So many hats to gather, so many strange weapons to level up...

It's like, just because it's there, I want to level up those weapons I don't normally use (Natascha, Backburner) to 999 kills. That's going to take so much time! XD

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

I do it in Fallout 3 lol

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm

Yes. The best example would be when i played World of Warcraft, even when i reached lvl 85, i still had armor from when my Paladin was a level 15 because it just looked neat :lol: My bank/bags where always full.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

I do this a lot, especially in RPGs like EarthBound and Pokemon, especially when it comes to money and rare items.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 6:44 am

In RPGs, I have horded. You always get a neat looking weapon that you keep, even when you acquire a stronger one later.

In strategy games, I don't horde, it's bad strategy. I like to play an aggressive game. I have done the horde-money-and-spend-it-on-mercenaries-when-you-get-attacked defensive thing before, but it's not as much fun as having an actually huge standing army with the territory to back it up. I guess I get tempted to horde obsolete units that I can't upgrade if they've done well in action, it's a bit sentimental, but I eventually get over it because everything is about necessity in a strategy game.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

in Fallout 3 I have to use the Cheat tgm or to expand the backpack limited through a cheat.

Sparhawke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2011, 7:17 pm

In Runescape I have a good bit of wealth that makes me the envy of newer players and those who cannot be bothered to learn what I teach them, but I am certainly not the richest. I am currently worth 250M or so as opposed to 600M when certain farming seeds crashed in value due to an idiotic update that benefited no-one. I once did an interview with one of the more controversial richer moguls though and for us money or ingame wealth tends to be simply another way to keep score. Once you hit an number barrier you want to keep going, like some may strive to be no. 1 in experience.

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/i ... pic=303139

I do not generally spend my wealth on pointless items, but generally buy stuff that will help me slowly make more money, which tend to hold their value well at the same time. :)

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2011, 4:08 am

I do that with items. I hoard the starpieces and mushrooms on Pokemon even though they're basically useless unless to sell. I also sold items I found and never bought anything besides ultra balls and revives. I had enough money to buy 2 porygons because I don't much like gambling. I'd just have my mom save it all lol.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

24 Oct 2011, 1:59 pm

Oblivion. I hoard potions and poisons unless I decide I really don't need them. There isn't any potion in the game you can't make more effective by just making it yourself.

I also always keep at least one head of lettuce and one roll of yarn in case I want to do Sheogorath's Daedric shrine quest. I end up hoarding at least five units of ectoplasm in case I join the Fighters Guild, since there's a quest that requires it. I always hold onto one piece of troll fat in case I do Malacath's quest and a lion, bear, or wolf pelt if I want to do Hircine's quest. And yet I've never once done all of the Daedric shrine quests because at some point, I'll get bored and start over with a new character. This is before factoring in the mods I've got. (Ended up having to use Wrye Bash to merge Unique Landscapes, COBL, Better Cities, and a few other mods so I don't break the mod limit.) And then there's various weapons, in case I want to enchant them and resell them for much more money than they're normally worth (Up to glass/ebony/daedric quality).