Hide 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Fight 53%  53%  [ 23 ]
Nothing 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 43

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm

I would like to say I would fight, in an a hypothetical situation, I would. If this hypothetical situation turned into reality, though, I'd probably do nothing because I don't have much mental strength with which to fight.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

Years ago when I first came here, I did not want to be cured at all. But now I want to be cured so I can live a normal life. I can't get a job, can't live on my own, can't drive a car.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

I'd have no choice but to fight, even though I'm high functioning enough to fake NT, because my temperament is such that I can't submit in any way to an unjust authority figure. (In a dictatorship I'm sure I'd be a political prisoner whether I wanted to be or not.)

As for how I'd fight, given my temperament it would probably be something ineffective like attacking a police officer and getting forcibly restrained.

But the most effective tactic to fight such a thing would probably be to get the rest of the world paying attention, because in our modern society freedom is seen as very important and such extremist tactics on the part of the government would pretty easily get the rest of the world siding with us. (I'm guessing this hypothetical government is either China or some 'third world' country, because I can't see anything like this happening in a Western country anytime soon.) This 'get the attention of the world' tactic has worked with other oppressive regimes such as apartheid in South Africa (ever heard the song Biko?)

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2011, 12:33 am

I'd form a secret underground society...in other words hide. :/

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 1:05 am

I can be tenacious and ruthless when necessary, so of course I'll fight.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 4:14 am

do both. go underground- i refuse to pretend to be something im not ie. fake NT. or maybe i would fake it if only because support for people with an ASD would sound more credible coming from an NT. and also organise resistance and spread ideas on autie/aspie liberation via acts of theatre (as in public disturbances with symbolic intention. might not necessarily be violent because that could potentially backfire), publications, film, the internet, speak outs ala v for vendetta, etc... d'rather die than bow to the government, society or corporations and take the cure.

amojak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm

if they wiped out all the Aspies...

who would produce their computers?
who would design their machines?
who would write software?
who would support Windows/Linux etc..
who would replace the many extremely talented people in the arts, literature and music?

Hide sounds a plan...

wait it out until the NT world is heard crying out for what they have lost :wink:

B

zaidjit
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

I would get myself a wheelchair, shave my head, and make a school.