Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

number5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 1:45 pm

At first, I didn't think this would end up being a big deal, but now I'm rethinking the potential impact. Cities across the country are joining in. 700 arrests today alone in Brooklyn. I do wish they were a bit more articulate about their grievances, but overall, nice job folks.

Quote:
We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We are working long hours for little pay and no rights, if we're working at all. We are getting nothing while the other 1 percent is getting everything. We are the 99 percent.

http://www.occupytogether.org/

What do y'all think?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 1:49 pm

number5 wrote:
At first, I didn't think this would end up being a big deal, but now I'm rethinking the potential impact. Cities across the country are joining in. 700 arrests today alone in Brooklyn. I do wish they were a bit more articulate about their grievances, but overall, nice job folks.

Quote:
We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We are working long hours for little pay and no rights, if we're working at all. We are getting nothing while the other 1 percent is getting everything. We are the 99 percent.

What do y'all think?

That they are a group of morons or are being used for an excuse so this administration can declare martial law and suspend elections. Ordinarily this would be a rather idiotic view, however it is confirmed that Fast and Furious has been traced back to the White House, then you have Boeing, Gibson Guitars, GM, Obamacare, Solyndra, Light Squared, etc.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:05 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:

Quote:

What do y'all think?

That they are a group of morons or are being used for an excuse so this administration can declare martial law and suspend elections. Ordinarily this would be a rather idiotic view, however it is confirmed that Fast and Furious has been traced back to the White House, then you have Boeing, Gibson Guitars, GM, Obamacare, Solyndra, Light Squared, etc.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:10 pm

number5 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:

Quote:

What do y'all think?

You should stop letting your cat play with aluminum foil.

I'm basing my suspicions on facts.

WASHINGTON - Late Friday, the White House turned over new documents in the Congressional investigation into the ATF "Fast and Furious" gunwalking scandal.

The documents show extensive communications between then-ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office Bill Newell - who led Fast and Furious - and then-White House National Security Staffer Kevin O'Reilly. Emails indicate the two also spoke on the phone. Such detailed, direct communications between a local ATF manager in Phoenix and a White House national security staffer has raised interest among Congressional investigators looking into Fast and Furious. Newell has said he and O'Reilly are long time friends.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-2 ... 91695.html

number5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

^ This has nothing to do with Occupy. Some of your fellow tea party people are in on this movement as well.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:22 pm

number5 wrote:
^ This has nothing to do with Occupy. Some of your fellow tea party people are in on this movement as well.

Most tea partiers wouldn't be associated with this.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:33 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:

Why not? They are part of the same 99%. Bailouts for billionaires and pink slips for the rest of us.

I really believe that there is a common thread here. Lefties blame corporations. Righties blame the government. But the truth is that that there's almost no difference. The infiltration of corporate greed into our government is where our real problems lie. He (or she) who raises the most money wins elections. I'm all for the fight to reclaim our democracy. I think you should be too.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

number5 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:

Why not? They are part of the same 99%. Bailouts for billionaires and pink slips for the rest of us.

I really believe that there is a common thread here. Lefties blame corporations. Righties blame the government. But the truth is that that there's almost no difference. The infiltration of corporate greed into our government is where our real problems lie. He (or she) who raises the most money wins elections. I'm all for the fight to reclaim our democracy. I think you should be too.

I wish people would stop looking for things to blame and start looking for ways to make the system more fair for everyone. Maybe this is too much wishful thinking on my part.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:

The teabaggers would rather gun down and beat up those damn evil commies.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

I think most of these people are pretty confused and non-ideological. I think it's pretty sad that certain groups are trying to co-opt them and use them to advance their agenda tho. I support their right to peacefully protest where ever they want but they should be occupying Washington if they want the real culprit. It's sad most of these kids will probably end up voting for Obama, the biggest Wall Street stooge in history. Not that turds like Romney, Perry, Cain, etc. are any better of course, just more of the same. Ron Paul is the only candidate against the rampant corporatism that is destroying our country.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

Ron Paul was, I think, one of the original inspirers of the Teabaggers, who have since turned Evango-Fascist.

People who have any conscience at all will have no choice but to vote for President Obama.

He at least has made an effort to help the people of this country.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I think most of these people are pretty confused and non-ideological. I think it's pretty sad that certain groups are trying to co-opt them and use them to advance their agenda tho. I support their right to peacefully protest where ever they want but they should be occupying Washington if they want the real culprit. It's sad most of these kids will probably end up voting for Obama, the biggest Wall Street stooge in history. Not that turds like Romney, Perry, Cain, etc. are any better of course, just more of the same. Ron Paul is the only candidate against the rampant corporatism that is destroying our country.

Jakoby Ron Paul isn't much better than Obama.

Herman Cain is better than Ron Paul for the simple fact that Herman Cain is not a politician. He is also giving up a high paying position in the private sector to run for President.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Jakoby Ron Paul isn't much better than Obama.

Herman Cain is better than Ron Paul for the simple fact that Herman Cain is not a politician. He is also giving up a high paying position in the private sector to run for President.

Ron Paul is very different from President Obama, and from any of the Republican candidates.

Not being a politician does not automatically make Herman Cain better than Ron Paul, or anyone else.

A lot of people in the private sector make more money there than the president.

The president himself made more money selling books than he will in pay as president.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:58 pm

I'd vote for Ron Paul before I'd vote for any of the main-stream Repub. candidates. He'd destroy the country, but at least he wouldn't impose his religion on everyone in the process like the rest of them.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

Jacoby wrote:

When the radical liassez-faire agenda gets a hold of power look out. They will go on a massive spree of cutting, deregulating, repealing of labor law, social security, medicaid/medicare, etc... then people will figure out that people like Ron Paul are only interested in screwing them even harder. After all that still doesn't do jack s**t for the economy get ready for the real riots.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Oct 2011, 5:17 pm

@Panda

LOL @ Obama actually trying to help the people of this country. Maybe if you only count bankers, CEO, insurance companies, defense contractors, etc. The man is a corporatist through and through. You support the man because he has a D behind his name and no other reason. He's not even really socially liberal on top of being a corporatist. I can at least grudgingly respect the dedicated pinkos and commies out there who vote 3rd party but anyone that votes for Obama to stick it to the corporations is beyond stupid.

@Inuyasha

No. Herman Cain is a racist loser who wants to raise taxes. You are stupid if you think Ron Paul and Barack Obama are anything alike. Actually research Cain's background and stop listening to whoever FOX is pimping at the moment.

@the rest

People will riot when they realize that their money is worthless and these corporations made out like bandits the whole time. The collapse is almost inevitable now. The regulations and subsidies are all to the benefit of the corporations not you.