Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

Am I the only one who can feel emotions and automatically expressed them while seeing that they don't reflect my actual feelings about the situation and it feels like only chemicals+muscles just to form a certain feeling rather than feelings from the heart?

Fade
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Oct 2011, 12:28 am

It's very typical. When people wish to connect with others they may engage in conforming behavior. Conformity isn't merely about pretending, but acting as one feels they "should" behave for a more favorable outcome. Conforming behavior happens on a subconscious level to the point where even though we may want to kick ourselves for imitating another's body language, being too agreeable, and going against our principles shying away from anything that could possibly poison the atmosphere, we just can't help it. Especially with people on the spectrum who tend to be lonely the desire to connect with others could be so powerful that it's entirely possible to even begin hating yourself for not liking what others like or feeling how you "should" feel.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 3:18 am

Reptillian wrote:
Am I the only one who can feel emotions and automatically expressed them while seeing that they don't reflect my actual feelings about the situation and it feels like only chemicals+muscles just to form a certain feeling rather than feelings from the heart?

I think I know what you mean.