Do you have homicidal thoughts?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page:

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 pm

When you're holding a pencil and are looking at someone talking to you, do you ever have the thought of suddenly stabbing them in the brain even though it doesn't make sense at all because you like the person and you'd never hurt anyone?

Is there a disorder for these kind of unwanted homicidal thoughts?

Like OCD or something?

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:52 pm

No, but I have genocidal thoughts. I'm strangely fascinated by atomic bombs, pandemics and wars.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 pm

That actually can be an OCD thing: intrusive thoughts/images that are horrible and/or violent, but are not connected to your emotional state or thoughts about the other person.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 pm

No.

I'm a veteran. I've seen death happen. I've counted dead people. Many of them died in horrible ways. I just can not imagine inflicting such horror and pain.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Suicidal, homicidal and psychotic thoughts are typical of having Aspergers. All that anger, frustration and negativity building up continuously like a volcano waiting to erupt. It is not my fault it is due to my Aspergers.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 am

Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:
Suicidal, homicidal and psychotic thoughts are typical of having Aspergers. All that anger, frustration and negativity building up continuously like a volcano waiting to erupt. It is not my fault it is due to my Aspergers.

That's what I was thinking. When people are attacking you, the logical reaction is to fall into suicidal depression or fight back. But, if you can't effectively fight back with words or numerical superiority, what do you have? Oh yes, weapons. So, some aspies are naturally psychotic and homicidal.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
That actually can be an OCD thing: intrusive thoughts/images that are horrible and/or violent, but are not connected to your emotional state or thoughts about the other person.

Indeed. This is one of the common examples I've seen when researching OCD.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 am

Murder is one of my special interests. :twisted:

hyperlexian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am

common with OCD, yes. not with ASD. they are sometimes comorbid, or a person has aspects of both, but they have separate criteria.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:19 am

btbnnyr wrote:

Really? So do you know who killed the Butler and with what weapon? :P

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 am

swbluto wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

Really? So do you know who killed the Butler and with what weapon? :P

Professor Plum with the letter opener in the library!

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:

Stop the Presses. AimE hit it.

That is not Aspergers, per say. This is fundamental OCD: An intrusive thought centered on doing something you certainly wouldn't consciously engage in.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 am

On a serious note, isn't it normal for these thoughts to cross one's mind randomly? Like they would only indicate OCD if you had them very frequently? I'm sure that some thought like this or other intrusive thoughts have crossed my mind at some point, but not the same thought frequently enough to be OCD.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:45 am

btbnnyr wrote:
On a serious note, isn't it normal for these thoughts to cross one's mind randomly? Like they would only indicate OCD if you had them very frequently? I'm sure that some thought like this or other intrusive thoughts have crossed my mind at some point, but not the same thought frequently enough to be OCD.

Only way to know is do a comprehensive poll here or more research. It seems many with autism fare better with Zoloft, thus indicating serotonin, maybe indicative. I don't have OCD and I don't have Aspergers, and I've had similar (non- destructive) intrusive thoughts....

By the way this happens under stress.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:23 am

I'll add that in all probability this does not happen, btbnnyr, with the majority of people-- only (maybe) when the brain is fatigued . As I mentioned it may correlate with serotonin and ASD somewhat, or ADHD, etc for that matter. I think this wouldn't happen once you move into NT land under everyday conditions.

Just a hunch.

Last edited by Mdyar on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page: