Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

14 Oct 2011, 1:34 am

btbnnyr wrote:
On a serious note, isn't it normal for these thoughts to cross one's mind randomly? Like they would only indicate OCD if you had them very frequently? I'm sure that some thought like this or other intrusive thoughts have crossed my mind at some point, but not the same thought frequently enough to be OCD.

Hmmmm.... yeah, it was pretty random and I didn't exactly "obsess" on the thought. It like passed by within a second but yet I frequently have intrusive thoughts of this kind of nature. Coincidentally, I was obsessively rubbing the pencil and pulling it in and out of my hand because I was ... I don't know... fidgeting or something during my adhd testing. So appropriate, right? XD

Btw, today we finished up the WAIS and begun the WIAT writing testing. She reported my IQ on the new WAIS-IV was somewhere within the 140-150 range, so I guess it hasn't significantly changed from the time I took the WAIS-III when I was 19 suggesting I probably don't have simple schizophrenia (Unless I'm during the prodromal phase).

Next week, we'll be doing the memory testing which is what I was originally seeking.

Beckula1980
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2011, 2:02 am

I have OCD and I have had thoughts in the past about throwing my dog (my best friend!) out the window. It was not a great feeling.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2011, 2:40 am

Sounds to me like sociopath and psychopathic tendencies. Violent thoughts and actions are triggered off by a sick twisted disturbed mind. Victims of abuse may end up becoming an offender. Around 80%+ of all prisoners in jail have been continuously abused or bullied as a child.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

14 Oct 2011, 8:33 am

Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:
Sounds to me like sociopath and psychopathic tendencies. Violent thoughts and actions are triggered off by a sick twisted disturbed mind. Victims of abuse may end up becoming an offender. Around 80%+ of all prisoners in jail have been continuously abused or bullied as a child.

You know, I know you're trying to offend me as you have that history of being offensive (Hello local troll! That person who woke you from your nap under the bridge must've made you grumpy, I understand!) and you're purposely using provocative language.

But, let's say I did take your advice seriously: that I'm a sociopath and have psychopathic tendencies. Okay, I guess I accept that and it might be true - I mean, I suppose I have the tale-tell signs like a fairly high IQ, "communication skills" being lower than my thinking ability, I'm pretty narcissistic and it could be said that I was "bullied" through the years (Not nearly as bad as some of these people, though.). But, if I were a true sociopath and/or psychopath, would I really being accepting of such a diagnosis? Wouldn't I be getting angry at you and telling you off, because a neurotypical wouldn't accept being assigned an ostracising label in front of his peers?

Maybe that simply suggests I'm not neurotypical and am instead AS. So, I suppose that could just mean that I'm a psychopathic AS person. *shrug*

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 9:19 am

Only metaphorically.

But aspies aren't supposed to do metaphor.

Hmmmmmmm....

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

I used to have this problem but it luckily stopped happening a year ago. I'm glad because it used to disturb me a lot.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

There's a show called Obsession about OCD and she was afraid to be around knives or maybe hold them, for fears of hurting others.

I have a hard time keeping track of that show and get lost because they have two stories through out each show.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

All the time. I think if my parents would have been stupid and made me stay in public school, I would have pulled a Colombine by 7th grade. I have a facination with blood and gore. I was watching Man's Best Friend the other day and was disapointed at the lack of blood and gore. I don't like to see people hurting animals, but animals attacking people actualy gets me excited. The only reason I don't have a bi polar diagnosis is because I don't have the hyper sex drive but I highly suspect I have bi polar. I don't get manic and think I can jump out of windows and fly and my low periods are usualy always triggerd by something. Maybe the wanting to kill my bullies and enemies just stims from having to take people's s**t so much as a kid.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 10:11 am

I know something similar not from OCD but from ADHD: impulsive urges, thoughts and actions.

Because ADHD can make poking someone, throwing a breakable object, smashing doors people pass through and scenes of heavy objects falling onto someone's fingers sound like a good idea for that split second in which the mind has yet to catch up.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 2:09 pm

Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:

Where did you see "action" in the post.

Obviously, what is at issue in the opening salvo is having only the "thought" with an absence of *action.*

What you are implying has nothing to do with these unpruned random thoughts that surface due to executive issues.

Are you projecting?

Are you bored and threw that in to try to 'stir'? I truly hope so, because if this ignorance is truly golden you have my condolences. :lol:

I'm one to talk straight up, and no offense/insult is intended, but you hit with these inflammatory innuendos often enough. I do not take things personaly, but I'm asking is there anyway you can think clearer?

When done way too often, the latter is what truly bothers me.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 2:18 pm

I have lots and lots of intrusive violent thoughts, but they're usually of other people killing each other, or people killing me.

I have no desire to inflict violence, except occasionally on myself. Sometimes, thinking about violence relieves my stress, even though it's mostly involuntary when I do have violent thoughts.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

And the way to handle it is to just let the thought be.

In Zen-like fashion, just lightly observe the thought as it floats in and out of consciousness.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 3:48 pm

swbluto wrote:
When you're holding a pencil and are looking at someone talking to you, do you ever have the thought of suddenly stabbing them in the brain even though it doesn't make sense at all because you like the person and you'd never hurt anyone?

Is there a disorder for these kind of unwanted homicidal thoughts?

Like OCD or something?

No. I've had a strange fear of accidentally sticking a pencil or other sharp object through my own eye at random moments though. The thought makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Thanks for bringing it up. :eew:

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

As a child I had recurrent nightmares of swallowing sharp objects on some kind of dare. Somehow I couldn't stop myself in the dreams. Quite disturbing. Sometimes I'd wake up and have to spend a minute or two convincing myself that I couldn't still feel something sharp lodged in my esophagus.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

Beckula1980 wrote:
I have OCD and I have had thoughts in the past about throwing my dog (my best friend!) out the window. It was not a great feeling.

Oh, your best friend is so adorable! I can imagine how awful that must've felt to think that.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 12:55 am

Here's that episode I mentioned above. It has two stories going back and forth though. I didn't watch it again, I just found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq8QALxVhSU