Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 1:34 am

Apparently, according to Al-Sharpton, Herman Caine is not 'Authentically Black'? Black is a skin colour, not a political position and the last time I checked no one could disqualify your ethnicity because you think and act differently to someone else.

http://themoderatevoice.com/125006/rev- ... your-mama/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/al-shar ... lly-black/

* Please note, I am not a republican or a democrat; nor do not endorse anyone in the US election.

Was not spoken of the soul.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 1:38 am

Well this just goes to show that the real racists are Democrats.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Oct 2011, 2:25 am

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson both questioned Barack Obama's "authentic blackness" at one time as well. They're irrelevant and get jealous of any other black leaders

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 3:03 am

that they have "leaders" in black life is very demeaning. only stupid people have leaders.

And yes you are right, but given the social context and conversation in the country, to a portion of the society, you are wrong.

I think you will thoroughly enjoy this exchange on black-white relations from the colbert report:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... -dickerson

Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 4:40 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/81955/february-08-2007/debra-dickerson

I am interested to watch it, but the video is not available in my country.

Was not spoken of the soul.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 4:45 am

91 wrote:
Apparently, according to Al-Sharpton, Herman Caine is not 'Authentically Black'? Black is a skin colour, not a political position and the last time I checked no one could disqualify your ethnicity because you think and act differently to someone else.

http://themoderatevoice.com/125006/rev- ... your-mama/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/al-shar ... lly-black/

* Please note, I am not a republican or a democrat; nor do not endorse anyone in the US election.

While I disagree with a majority of Justice Clarence Thomas's legal reasonings, I mostly agree with his reasonings about the social effects of concepts within the range of elements of "affirmative action" as overlapping conceptual elements of "reasonable accommodation" and the social influences of disparate impact and adverse impact in discrimination. I then disagree with him again on what recourse should be available to minimize the direct/indirect negative impact, and/or absence of positive impact, of prohibited discriminations.

President Obama's citizenship dispute provides a glimpse of a peak of an iceburg of being regarded as a "foreigner" with diversionary polemics away from statistically evident sets of conclusions of unsatisfied and incompatible stereotypes. A "community" gives much the same as a metaphorical "accent" (I've experienced such on this website quite often), and many times, this metaphorical "accent" can strongly influence people into making poorly founded conclusions about the individual, and the individual's community. Discrimination has a strong effect on any community formation, and on the individual in the formed community. Two distinct individuals with very similar physical characteristics can have vastly different community characteristics (language usage is usually a strong difference, and with language accents of speech, often impossible to change after an early age (esp. characterizing phonemes)). Entire repertoires of behaviours and experiences are also characterized to very small units through such phenomena (President Bush illustrated one such phenomenon when he didn't know what a check-out stand at a grocery store was for during a photo opportunity, and a more famous example is when he gave eveyone the equivalent of the American "bird" in a country with different customs than the USA). When two individuals "look" much alike (even to each other), but when they are from too very different communities, they are very prone to making erroneous assumptions about each other (as are external observers who conclude that two people who look much alike will be the same with every other set(s) of dimensions). The individuals who are the most different from expected "community" phenomena are frequently labeled as "outliers" in most of both descriptive and inferential statistical analysis. An "outlying" individual with fewer characterizing (whether or not correctly or incorrectly discriminatory) phenomena, are not members otherwise of an erroneously and/or incompletely assigned community.

My legal experiences with these "elements" involved federal lawsuits over employment discrimination from mainly challenged actual, recorded, and regarded disabilities, and including elements of race. My cases were strongest involving discrimination involving epilepsy, but the considerations of the other elements were somewhat implied in an older posting:

While I believe I disagree with Justice Clarence Thomas involving the absence of the need for, versus the need for, and enforcement of, anti-discrimination laws and universal rights, many of his writings on Affirmative Action Programs, entertain similar issues I'm concerned with, involving Reasonable Accommodation regarding epilepsy. With maybe too blunt hypotheticals, I would be tempted to rewrite the sentence "Now I knew what a law degree from Yale was worth when it bore the taint of racial preference. I was humiliated—and desperate," to the issue "Now I knew what a law degree from Yale was worth when it bore the taint of accommodation with epilepsy. My career was blocked, and I sought to protect my rights under the Rehabilitation Act." Source of cited sentence at: http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3667079&page=1
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202421827466

As fate would have it, I believe Justice Clarence Thomas was the eighth Chairman of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, named by President Ronald Reagan, until March 08, 1990, when he was appointed as a U.S. Court Appeals Judge. Some of my earliest discrimination complaints with federal employers reached points of review with the EEOC in the late 80's, after lengthy "administrative reviews" within the agencies of the employers. My claims were simple, I had perfect (the highest) employment test scores, and the impairments from my epilepsy were contorted by the employers to invalidate and discard effective usage of the test scores, to illegally deny me employment. The EEOC's response in simple English was "You think your test scores should be further bumped up, just because your attempts to hide your poor performance behind your epilepsy didn't work out, and you're disgruntled by it?? That wouldn't be fair to applicants who obtained their test scores with honest effort!! ! You should just be more motivated to become qualified for employment."

I took the EEOC's summarized opinion, as that they were telling me I would have to do better than 100% perfect (which is impossible for anyone, unless the claim is like political elections, where the winner gets 120 of the 100 possible votes), and that individuals with epilepsy were regarded as necessarily unqualified, because of, at least, epilepsy causing a regarded intense lack of motivation, that over-shadows all contrary factual evidence. Elements of "disgruntled" and "honest" returned as the cases were returned by the EEOC for "Final Agency Action", and notification of the right to file suits in federal district court.

Well, the Final Agency Action with the U.S. Department of Treasury could be best summarized as blackmail by government thugs over my neurological speech impediments in grade school, over being attacked in high school during a seizure, over the basis of a scholarship to UNM awarded with a GED and physical impairments, and over the results of the MMPI and temporal lobe epilepsy in psychology classes at SJSU. As the IRS had agents already telling me that I was dealing with the American Gestapo, and they had interrogated me for my deposition to my EEOC complaint for a few hours while I was locked in a utility closet under the stairs, in the stairwell of the golden enameled IRS building in downtown San Jose, I took their threat that they were going to prosecute me for everything from illegal scholarships to fraudulent claims of being otherwise qualified while claiming disability, or at their whim, vice-versa, seriously, even though I knew that the U.S. Supreme Court had previously ruled that any law enforcement officers may prevaricate about anything with complete impunity, I had thought that that didn't extend to sworn affidavits and testimony in court. (In other Supreme Court cases, the Justices "joke" about the inherent contradictions in the laws with disabled people).

Over the Department of Treasury flak over my records, I became a "non-person" of record at my university, and that was the end of academics for me.

As many people have rudely discovered, their internet presence can be easily checked by employers, admission offices, etc. for just about everything (lawsuits, scholarships, accidents, credit, etc.), and the government and courts still have not diligently pursued much of anything beyond rare cases under the ADAAA, or anything else, while accentuating the position that the results of what Justice Thomas expressed desires of prevention by denial of basis of action, are to be sufferred with mere toleration instead of active enforcement of prevention and correction.

On M.I.T.'s outdated website, the listing of their policy of dealing with accommodations with impairments already appears to violate the ADAAA with prohibited administrative procedures of "instances" versus pre-determined documentations. Most of the newsworthy stories about such with epilepsy, occur with denial of services, to arrest, and forceful removal, over epilepsy assistance dogs.
http://epstorm.blogspot.com/2009/07/dis ... alert.html
http://epstorm.blogspot.com/2010/09/dis ... tened.html

Tadzio

http://ehrweb.aaas.org/PDF/Disabil.pdf

http://mit.edu/uaap/sds/students/grievance.html

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:37 am

Inuyasha wrote:

that reads as
"Well this just goes to show that the real racists are Black People."
to me.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 7:47 am

I don't particularly care for Herman Cain, but a denunciation from Al Sharpton is a pretty good endorsement in my book. It's the Clarence Thomas rule in effect again, black people just aren't supposed to hold certain beliefs according to some people.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 9:44 am

Dox47 wrote:
I don't particularly care for Herman Cain, but a denunciation from Al Sharpton is a pretty good endorsement in my book. It's the Clarence Thomas rule in effect again, black people just aren't supposed to hold certain beliefs according to some people.

Based on the broken assumption that the melanin content of the skin determines the idea content of one's mind.

ruveyn

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 10:01 am

I've got two words for Al Sharpton.

Tawana Brawley.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

blauSamstag wrote:

Tawana Brawley.

is rev Al really still a thing?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Tawana Brawley.

I doubt it. But he still tries to stick his nose in anything he thinks might get him in front of a camera.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

Dox47 wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty sick of that. As if blind loyalty to some racial identity trumps individuality.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 10:12 am

blauSamstag wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Tawana Brawley.

I doubt it. But he still tries to stick his nose in anything he thinks might get him in front of a camera.

I think the Emergence of Barry put a coda on the ole rev style of black "leadership".
Sharpton and Jackson are relics of an embarrassing past.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 11:07 am

Inuyasha wrote:

Mr. Sharpton raises some good points, and all you can do is play the race card?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 1:22 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Mr. Sharpton raises some good points, and all you can do is play the race card?

Excuse me but saying someone is "not black enough" because they have a different opinion than you, is not even remotely legitimate criticism, putting it mildly.

The fact you think it is legitimate criticism and perfectly acceptable, isn't surprising to me, given some of your other comments.