Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 1:08 pm

anybody else have issues with their kids stealing $ from their purses ? son denies it, but as he's the only one in the house who hasn't had $ missing, and he seems to be spending quite a bit these days, and he's not working........when i confronted him, he didn't have much to say~ no loud protests...methinks i have a problem here.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 1:37 pm

I am ashamed to say that when I was small and lived with a certain family, I resented the two other girls for what I perceived as cruel behavior and swiped things from them to get even a few times.
But sometimes kids will just do this and I'm not sure why. To see what they can get away with?

ster
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 1:41 pm

i remember swiping coins from my mom when i was a teen...but never the amounts we're talking about here....i think he's just trying to see how much he can get away with. fortunately ( i guess) , we have a combination safe in the house~guess $ will be getting locked up there from now on.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 2:29 pm

I would watch for physical changes. He could be swiping for junk food, video games, clothes or some hobby thing. But he may be buying something that he can't reveal.
I don't think I swiped money, but I often skipped lunch in high school and used that lunch money ($2/day) to buy 45s at the record store.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 5:13 pm

no physical changes, nor temperament changes....seems to be using the $ to buy junk food and drinks

lae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 1:02 am

Age might be something to consider, too. A very little kid might swipe for very different reasons than an older kid might.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 7:11 pm

he miraculously "found" $10 of the missing money on the floor ( of course no one saw him find this either....)

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 3:05 am

heheh "found"
Man, I used to "find" stuff all the time when I was younger

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 3:09 am

I did this when I was a lot younger and it was mainly to get revenge on my parents for being bastards to each other and themeselves.

I never used to spend it though. Just hang on to it for a couple of weeks and then put it back when I thought they had learnt there lesson.

Then to get revenge on me my mum told my shrink who upped the dosage on my meds.

All is fair in Love and War.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

27 Sep 2006, 3:28 am

I remember my mom would have lots of small bills in a bag in her bath room and as a kid
I guess 10 years and younger I grabbed a few and bought gum/ candy. I remember I
could buy a piece of gum for $0.02 so I was doing my math study in my mind $1 was
50 pieces of gum! I would say I had very few moral problems stealing till my late teens.
Maybe lack of empathy. I do remember at 13 saying to myself before I stole something I know this is wrong but I am doing it anyway. Today I would have strong resistance to
stealing anything.

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2006, 10:05 am

when my life was completely broken, just beforfe i was moved inot fostercare, i stole some moeny to bye nappies because they were a current obbsesion. I also stole nappies, and a few other baby things.

I also use to do somthing similar to Aleins,

^licks^

jammie & lion

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

ster
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 9:23 pm

the only thing that stands out in my mind is that he mentioned a few weeks back that he felt it wasn't fair that he and his brother ( who's 2 years younger than him) have the same bedtime , same rules etc....son thinks he should be allowed to do more, get more because he's older

lae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2006, 3:27 am

Resentment could be a factor. I took things from the girls I lived with because of that.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2006, 5:18 am

son and i had a long talk about the resentment issue....i pointed out that there are some things that he can do that his brother cannot...he seemed to calm down, but who knows ?