Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

dadsgotas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2009, 12:46 pm

I never dance, but also, people look like idiots when they dance. Why does nobody see it?

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 1:41 pm

It took me a really long time to learn how to dance without pre-determined movements. I would get so frusterated because I dance for a living (to pre-determined movements) but I couldn't feel natural dancing in a club or any other situation where you just had to move on your own. I alway felt awkward. But, since I'm obsessed with dance, I practiced and practiced until it became more natural.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 8:28 am

When dancing, just shut everything out and just go with the music. Self consciousness is your true enemy. It doesn't matter how bad you might look (as I've certainly very little coordination) because it's about enjoying the music. Dancing is easily my favorite activity.

Last night was a first though, dancing by myself on an empty dancefloor while people just sat around and presumably watched. But having requested Placebo's Slave to the Wage, I wasn't going to let an empty dancefloor put me off... :)

'An ideal of total self-sufficiency. That secret smile may be the Buddha's but it is monstrous seen on a baby's face. To conquer craving is indeed to conquer pain, but humanity goes with it. That my autistic daughter wanted nothing was worst of all.' Park

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 9:39 am

I can't dance, I can't talk, the only thing about me is the way I walk. :wink:

But yes, the only time I've ever really enjoyed myself trying to dance was when the singer was calling out instructions to the crowd, that was really fun.

The year is still young.