Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2006, 9:18 pm

KBABZ wrote:
The way I hold my pencil is also odd, but that's probably because the teachers never corrected me during Primary School (lazy buggers...).

Holding it in an odd way doesn't necessarily mean you're holding it wrong. I do so also (pencils and knitting needles too) but I don't think there's really just one "right" way. Whatever's comfortable goes.

It's like when you've been doing something, whatever, the same way for ages, with great results, and someone comes along and tells you that you've been doing it the wrong way all along, and trust them, their method is much more comfotable. Grr.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

30 Sep 2006, 9:40 pm

By odd, I meant in an odd way compared to everyone else. It's not even holding the pencil, it's more like clamping it with all your fingers! Being left handed, the side of my little finger and the one next to it (forgot the name) means that I get pencil graphite and pen ink on it whenver I'm writing or drawing.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Kable
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2006, 9:40 pm

To be honest with you I can't dance at all, if you mean as in dancing to regular style commercial music, in order to pull a girl.
If however, if it's just dancing to the music, because you are feeling the music, as at Drum 'n' Bass nights, which I often go to,
then it's all good, because nobody cares about how you dance!

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2006, 10:00 pm

I don't feel a desire for dancing when I'm in parties, like a NT.

But I only dance with "Pump It Up" (a dancing machine).

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2006, 3:11 pm

KBABZ wrote:
By odd, I meant in an odd way compared to everyone else. It's not even holding the pencil, it's more like clamping it with all your fingers! Being left handed, the side of my little finger and the one next to it (forgot the name) means that I get pencil graphite and pen ink on it whenver I'm writing or drawing.

I do pretty much the same thing with pencils and pens, and I know what you mean about getting ink and graphite on your hands, as I'm also left handed.

As for dancing, I'm useless at it. :P I do have a sense of rhythm, and I enjoy drumming, but any kind of dancing is just beyond me. I wouldn't want to learn how, either, as I'm very self-concious.

Help revive ReBoot!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 3:29 pm

I'm more likley to dance, than I am to talk when I'm at a Dance. I make up my own moves and I'm on the Dance Floor all night.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 7:34 pm

Recipe for dancing like me

1 ferret
1 kg methamphetamines
500mL lysergic acid diethylamide

Administer 250mL of the LSD orally to the ferret
Wait 25 minutes.
Administer 500g methamphetamines to the same ferret.
Take cover behind the plexiglas and enjoy watching the ferret.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 9:28 am

superfantastic wrote:
I hate dancing. People always say to feel the music but I feel it with my mind, not my body.
Sometimes I think I might just be self-conscious or whatever but I hate doing it at home too. So.

same.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 10:20 am

I wish so much that I could dance.. :oops: I have an obsession with dance shoes.
Unfortunately, I just can't dance.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 10:22 am

diseased wrote:
Recipe for dancing like me

1 ferret
1 kg methamphetamines
500mL lysergic acid diethylamide

Administer 250mL of the LSD orally to the ferret
Wait 25 minutes.
Administer 500g methamphetamines to the same ferret.
Take cover behind the plexiglas and enjoy watching the ferret.

Unnecessary.. all you need to do to the ferret to get that result is get it wet!

Chiron0224
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2009, 10:34 am

I love dancing. I do ballroom, because the structure appeals to me as an aspie(although I know a LOT of NTs who do it). I have a neurotypical frieng that I go dancing with on a regular basis. She knows I'm autistic and we joke around about it. I'll say something like "of course you don't get it sweety, it's cause your NT" and she'll say something like "at least I'm not an ass"(ass is what she likes to call me as a playful sort of insult on the pronunciation of Aspergers). She's really cool for an NT and is one of the few people who can make comments like that without making me mad. Anyhow, ballroom dance is awesome. I highly recomend it for aspies and autistics because it gives dancing a structure and clear rules that allow you to experience the music physically without feeling lost. Also, it's a great way to break down walls and get more accustomed to interacting with NTs(even girls, OMG!!).

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 10:58 am

Not really.

I can move to music, just fine. It's just that nobody else would consider this dancing, rather an epileptic fit. Then again, I don't get other people's supposed dancing. It doesn't look like it works at all with the music to me. Scripted dances excluded, usually.

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2009, 11:18 am

I really enjoy dancing, especially if it's structured like the rest of you were saying. I went square dancing last night. Fantastic. I got to meet a lot of people and nobody cared that I was a clumsy mess (I ended up getting tripped on the dance floor and creating a pile up on top of me...least favorite part of the evening). Usually when I dance and it's not scripted I just mimic the people around me and try not to knock into anybody. It's all good though.

Dancing feels really awkward, but it's fun so I do it anyway.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 11:23 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2TSy0Z5qTE&feature=related[/youtube]

i can do c-walk (half of stuff in vid )

seaequalsdancer
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2009, 12:25 pm

I love to dance!! Structured or freestyle dancing is like one of my favorite activities and forms of self-expression and from what I have been told I'm quite good at it (and I guess I have always thought I was good at it as well though it is generally difficult for my judge those types of things). Poor motor skills/clumsiness is one area that I definitely don't not fit the standard norm. I started dance and gymnastics at an early age and was quite good at both. I can my body movements pretty well.

I do however get self-conscious when I'm actually out with people, but if I can just sort of escape into the music I will dance like crazy. I do tend to get a bit repetitive with my movements at times because I get so into doing certain sequences of movements that I come up with to whatever rhythm I am picking up on.

My visual motor coordination however is absolutely terrible. I am a very poor judge of distance and space. I can probably count the number of times that I actually hit a ball with a bat on one hand in the 12 years of gym class I had to suffer through. And when throwing something at somebody I'm happy if I get within a couple for feet and don't hit them. However I was decent at things like baton twirling and flag throwing so I don't know. But I guess I liked stuff like that more so I would just practice it for hours on end, whereas things like softball or basketball I just had zero interest in.

dadsgotas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2009, 12:46 pm

I never dance, but also, people look like idiots when they dance. Why does nobody see it?