Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

They could at least change it to "Gods."

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

It's just political theater.

They are buying votes with an empty gesture.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:25 am

Actually I could argue atheists are trying to trample on the 1st Amendment rights of the majority of Americans.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Actually I could argue atheists are trying to trample on the 1st Amendment rights of the majority of Americans.

You could also argue that the Earth is a giant head and all the trees and s**t are hair

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:46 am

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

You could also argue that the Earth is a giant head and all the trees and sh** are hair

:roll:

Actually, I think atheists need to learn to respect other people's rights, no one is forcing you to attend Church, how about you give Christians the tolerence you're demanding that we give you.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:54 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

You could also argue that the Earth is a giant head and all the trees and sh** are hair

Actually, I think atheists need to learn to respect other people's rights, no one is forcing you to attend Church, how about you give Christians the tolerence you're demanding that we give you.

Only terrorists make demands, Inuyasha

Anyway you should pay attention to the OP article. This is the most important part:

Quote:
House Judiciary Committee Democrats in their March dissent against the measure argued that the national motto “is not imperiled in any respect” and charged that the panel’s Republicans were “diverting the committee’s time, resources and attention to a measure that has no force of law, only reaffirms existing law and further injects the hand of government into the private religious lives of the American people.”

Interestingly enough, this is the same Republican-dominated House that passed new rules specifically to stop “symbolic and commemorative resolutions.”

Isn’t this just one of those symbolic gestures?

Asked Monday whether the “In God We Trust” resolution would be considered such a symbolic resolution, a spokesman for [House Majority Leader Eric] Cantor declined to comment.

Also I would appreciate it if you would please explain how "atheists are not respecting the rights of others".

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:57 am

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Anyway you should pay attention to the OP article. This is the most important part:

Quote:
House Judiciary Committee Democrats in their March dissent against the measure argued that the national motto “is not imperiled in any respect” and charged that the panel’s Republicans were “diverting the committee’s time, resources and attention to a measure that has no force of law, only reaffirms existing law and further injects the hand of government into the private religious lives of the American people.”

Interestingly enough, this is the same Republican-dominated House that passed new rules specifically to stop “symbolic and commemorative resolutions.”

Asked Monday whether the “In God We Trust” resolution would be considered such a symbolic resolution, a spokesman for [House Majority Leader Eric] Cantor declined to comment.

Also I would appreciate it if you would please explain how "atheists are not respecting the rights of others".

Care to explain the lawsuit about a Catholic school should have places set up for Muslims to pray?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:05 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Quote:

Care to explain the lawsuit about a Catholic school should have places set up for Muslims to pray?

Why do you always answer a question with a question? Especially when you consider I am merely requesting you validate a previous claim. Instead you bring up a completely unrelated event that I have not even been privy to until now. In any case how many Muslims go to Catholic schools? When it comes to places to pray for Muslims, the college I went to basically let them use an empty classroom or other room that was available. That is probably the extent of what any school will do, especially considering Muslims make up a small proportion of either of our countries populations

Now will you answer my question please? Or perhaps explain Cantor's unwillingness to comment on how the bill his party wants to pass is contradicting a previous effort his own party made to prevent "symbolic and commemorative resolutions"? Please stay on topic

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:12 am

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Quote:

Why do you always answer a question with a question? Especially when you consider I am merely requesting you validate a previous claim. Instead you bring up a completely unrelated event that I have not even been privy to until now. In any case how many Muslims go to Catholic schools? When it comes to places to pray for Muslims, the college I went to basically let them use an empty classroom or other room that was available. That is probably the extent of what any school will do, especially considering Muslims make up a small proportion of either of our countries populations

Now will you answer my question please? Or perhaps explain Cantor's unwillingness to comment on how the bill his party wants to pass is contradicting a previous effort his own party made to prevent "symbolic and commemorative resolutions"? Please stay on topic

Actually, what I brought up is related to the topic.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:12 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Uncle GodBucks with his Ayn Rand Bible still recommends:

Lord of Silver,
Lord of Gold,
Lord for Money Our Spirits Sold,
Lord Let The Poor Crumble To Dust,
In God We Trust.

Alan Greenspan knew which "In God to Trust" with money, and that's one
clue for the $$$Dollar-Sign$$$ burial wreath for "The Virtue of Selfishness"
Goddess. And, that's just the beginning of the first volume!! !

999---YOU WANT TOLERANCE???---999, recommended by Cain.

Tadzio

PM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:23 am

Oh well, I guess the Establishment Clause does not mean anything in a "Christian Nation".

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:31 am

PM wrote:
Oh well, I guess the Establishment Clause does not mean anything in a "Christian Nation".

I thought that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all supposedly worship the same god...

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:36 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Actually, my parents forced me to attend church, so you're flat-out wrong on that one. The government forces me to subsidize religious institutions which get tax breaks. Every time I pay for something that "god" dude is on my f*****g money. And every time I sneeze someone has their imaginary friend bless me. Thanks bro. I'm glad your imaginary friend has my back :roll: But seriously, if they changed the money to say "In Allah we trust" which is essentially the same since it's just god's other name, all of christian america would throw a giant s**t fit.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:39 am

Obres wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Actually, my parents forced me to attend church, so you're flat-out wrong on that one. The government forces me to subsidize religious institutions which get tax breaks. Every time I pay for something that "god" dude is on my f***ing money. And every time I sneeze someone has their imaginary friend bless me. Thanks bro. I'm glad your imaginary friend has my back :roll: But seriously, if they changed the money to say "In Allah we trust" which is essentially the same since it's just god's other name, all of christian america would throw a giant sh** fit.

Your parents =/= government nor do they equal a religious institution...

PM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:50 am

Inuyasha wrote:
PM wrote:

I thought that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all supposedly worship the same god...

According to your average Christian Conservative, America is a Christian Nation.