Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

About a week ago, my mom bought home loads of cases of Propel Zero brand bottled water from the store she works at, because they were on sale. I usually drink Crystal Light, but I figured I would try something new. It turns out that I really liked the taste of Propel Zero, so I drank a lot of it. I drank at least 6 bottles everyday, which is about 12 Serving Sizes.

I can't remember whether I had already started my period or not before I began drinking Propel Zero, but I noticed that when my period had come, it was much heavier than usual. Not only that, but it didn't go through its normal cycle of "bleed for three days, stop for a day, then bleed lightly for 2 - 3 more days". It was fresh, heavy blood for a solid week. Finally it appeared to taper off, and I thought I was done. But then I started bleeding fresh blood again. To give you an idea of the timeline, I started my period on the 21st of October, and now it is the 3rd of November and I'm still bleeding. Yesterday I began to feel ill and worried that something was seriously wrong with me. My mom and I tried to figure out what was wrong. It was too heavy to be spotting. I'm not on any birth control so it wasn't breakthrough bleeding. I didn't injure myself while masturbating.

Finally my mom suggested that maybe it had something to do with Propel Zero. I grabbed an empty bottle from the recycling bin and started Googling the ingredients. One of the ingredients listed was "sodium citrate". I discovered that it is an anticoagulant, which means that it prevents blood from clotting. I don't know if it is harmful to people when they follow the serving size, but as I mentioned before, I was consuming at least 12 serving sizes a day.

I'm going to stop drinking Propel Zero and see if the bleeding stops. My mom says that if I'm still bleeding in a couple of days, she'll take me to the hospital.

What is your opinion? Do you think that drinking copious amounts of Propel Zero is the reason for my unusually long and heavy period? If you think it is a probable cause, do you think Propel Zero should start putting warning labels on their drinks telling people not to use more than the serving size?

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

I have no clue if Propel has had any effect on your bodily functions but you should be
EXTREMELY leery of any man-made sweetner. I personally avoid any man-made sweetners and it has made all the difference in my overall health.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2011, 12:31 am

I don't think it is a problem. You are pretty young and your period can change sometimes. I usually have pretty heavy bad periods but then I started taking birth control and it made them way lighter but I have since stopped taking it and my period has been very irregular. What ended up happening? This post was from like last week or so. Are you okay? What has happened since then?

:D