Mind of a child or logic of an adult?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm

My friends have told me I am "innocent," so I suppose I have a childlike mind. In some ways I definitely can see this. Basically, I feel like a mature 15 yr. old.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2011, 1:02 am

SyphonFilter wrote:
I use adult logic when doing important everyday tasks, but emotionally and socially I act like a kid.

That's how I am too.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 3:29 am

Quote:
the mind of a child or the logic of an adult

Both. I'm very intelligent, but emotionally I'm about 6 years old.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 5:17 am

Kiseki wrote:
My friends have told me I am "innocent," so I suppose I have a childlike mind. In some ways I definitely can see this. Basically, I feel like a mature 15 yr. old.

I have been told I am innocent and my husband thinks I am too. He also says I am child like and react in ways a child would react. I can hide my reactions but then I be like a zombie and act like I have no emotions because I am holding it in to avoid acting like a child.

Quote:
But I do have the mind of a child. I actually have a low IQ... of about 70 to 80... that's low for someone who's 23 years old.

So you truly have a mind of a child then.

stumbelina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2011, 8:25 am

Yep! My friends have told me that I am innocent at times!

The most annoying one is "Oh bless!" or "Bless ya!" I hate it when they say that!!

Chibs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

I'd say a mix, leaning more to the child side. It's hard to describe how I am, but it's something like this:

I can be immature/childish at times... often get upset over small things, get really excited over other small things, ect. I also have interests some would consider "immature", like cartoons/anime and "kiddy" video games(pokémon, mario, ect.) And I'm somewhat amused by the infamous "lolrandom" humor(depends a lot, though) some find really annoying. (And some friends think I'm more innocent than I am... they're shocked by hearing me giggle at a dirty joke and such, but that's another subject) But I don't think having "the mind of a kid" is a negative thing! Though there's negative sides to it, there's also positive ones that often gets lost with "maturity", so if you try doing something about the negative ones but keep the positive ones, that's good.

But, I also feel quite mature and logical about a number of things. From a young age I've been smart with language and reading(learned to read when I was 3, could hold basic conversations in English(non-native English speaker) when the rest of my class were learning it mostly from scratch). I also easily solve, and like to solve, certain types of logical puzzles (however, if you throw in math, don't expect me to bother). (But I guess that's not the "logic" you're talking about?) While I have opinions about certain subjects, I often find it hard to put into words so I might seem stupider than I am about it.

So... mind of a child with some adult logic? Something like that

Relevant quote:

Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:
An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all