Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2011, 1:23 am

anneurysm wrote:
I always have strange and often bizarre dreams. Most of them involve an alternate universe, and during these dreams I can have flashbacks from earlier dreams, or recognize places from earlier dreams that I would not be able to do in my waking state. Most of my dreams involve driving alone, walking alone, and exploring random places...a common theme is exploring vast interior structures, such as malls or schools, with no windows except for skylights.

I often have alternate universe dreams as well, they usually start out with smaller details being different, but they eventually evolve into very different, but still plausible timelines.

As a child I often had shared dreams. I would usually dream the same dream as my dad.... suffice to say, lots of strange mornings at the breakfast table :D

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
My dreams are always weird and the often repeat themselves or at least elements of them do.

this is a sign they are trying to tell you something. i used to have repetitive dreams about being trapped in a dingy old lavatory where all the toilets were flooding and crappy pee-water was rising up to my nostrils and i was having to dodge turds floating around in the mess, and i would awaken from those nightmares panting and sweaty and out of sorts. the message of the dream was simply, "don't let [stuff] get to me."

No, there was never anything negative about them. I ised to often have dreams about animals in cages...particualry giraffes and jaguars. This was YEARS before I got into meerkats. In one my brother and I are playing on some steps behind our house and all of a sudden, everything turns into an abstract jungle. Wild cats are everywhere. A jaguar paw reaches out from a bush and grabs my brother's foot, but is rough. It then grabs mine, but is gentle. I've had that dream every night for years. The jaguar often acompanies me in my dreams now and is like a pet. I had one dream when I was around sixteen where I was trying to escape from a mental hospital and on my way out, I notice a room where all these doctors and nurses and medical people are gathered around a table. On the table there is a jaguar, he's having a grand mal seziure and everything they try dosen't work. I come up, put my hands on him and they stop. The jaugar wakes up and the hospital people explain his name is Rubicon and want me to take him. As we leave the hospital, everyone is really happy and having a celebration because I was able to help this jaguar. Recently I keep having this dream where me and the jaguar where playing in the jungle or at least near a jungle. We see a bamboo building. We learn it isn't finished being built yet and is going to be an animal hospital for exotic animals. We get chased away but still peek at it. Sometimes there is a bridge and it collapses, other times there is a brick wall. Yeah, my dreams are so weird.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:39 am

Foxx wrote:
As a child I often had shared dreams. I would usually dream the same dream as my dad.... suffice to say, lots of strange mornings at the breakfast table :D

you probably are psychically gifted.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:58 am

My dreams are more unusual than the dreams of most of the people that I know. I have dreams that I'm certain characters in certain movies. I also have dreams about the 60s. The dreams that I like are the dreams that I want to get away from a social conflict, so a Routemaster comes to take me away. I also have dreams that my two best friends and I are cops and we're trying to arrest a bimbo who has done us wrong. I also have quite a few dreams that I'm young Mick Avory for obvious reasons.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 2:00 am

Burnbridge wrote:
I thought dreams wee merely the role of the sensory facets of the mind playing their parts out as a person does all their thinking when they sleep. Seeing as how the brain has it's highest level of activity during sleep, to the point where the body shuts down to allow for more thorough processing. If you are subconsciously analyzing everything that happened to you or occurred to you during the day, a very disparate blend of images and sounds etc. will be part of that process. Ever wonder why people "sleep on it" when making decisions, or wake up the next day wondering why they were arguing the night before?

I make a point to try not to wake during dreams, as I'd rather have the closure from said processing than the novelty of having remembered a weird experience. Dream interpretation? Dreams are part of interpreting life, and I'll be damned if I'm going to trust the limits of my waking conscious mind to such a task.

All that being said, I've never heard of a ream that wasn't completely weird.

Malaysian and Sumatran dream interpreters are village or kampung medicine men.

You have to be quite wise to interpret dreams, but personally I still feel it is best done by the dreamer.