why i may withdraw my support for herman cain

Page 6 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 6:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
... I thought his telling people to blame themselves if they weren't rich more than made him the enemy of the working class...

Well, there is that ... it is but one rose in a field of manure, imo.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, we'll have Hillary Clinton as heir to the throne; and she more than has the ovaries for a fight.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

What would you think about Condoleezza Rice running?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 8:56 pm

She would never come close to winning her party's nomination. Her problem is that she doesn't really look the part of a cartoon villain.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 10:45 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
No, we'll have Hillary Clinton as heir to the throne; and she more than has the ovaries for a fight.

What ArrantParriah said. That, and Rice has been out of the government game for so long, she'd look like a novice. And would Rice really lower herself to accommodate the lunatic element of the Republican right in order to secure the nomination?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
What ArrantParriah said. That, and Rice has been out of the government game for so long, she'd look like a novice. And would Rice really lower herself to accommodate the lunatic element of the Republican right in order to secure the nomination?

Who knows what AP meant. :roll:
I voted in '08 and '12 but not for Obama as you might have guessed.
I've been accused of racism by liberals for that reason. Coming from the left I took it as a compliment, of course. :P
So if we had a black woman running on the republican ticket I bed (read that as know) those same liberals would not vote for her but would instead vote for a white male democrat candidate. Now all the sudden it's not race thing when it's their vote.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 11:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Who knows what AP meant. :roll:
I voted in '08 and '12 but not for Obama as you might have guessed.
I've been accused of racism by liberals for that reason. Coming from the left I took it as a compliment, of course. :P
So if we had a black woman running on the republican ticket I bed (read that as know) those same liberals would not vote for her but would instead vote for a white male democrat candidate. Now all the sudden it's not race thing when it's their vote.

For the record, I've never accused everyone who voted against Obama of racism.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:13 am

Never accused everyone?
Are you telling me you forgot a few?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:31 am

Raptor wrote:
Never accused everyone?

You'd better tell these guys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 17185.html

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:40 am

Oh who cares about race or sex if they do the job well? Maggie came and went, Obama has come and will go...the only important part of the American election is the party, Obama is a democrat, therefore he's good enough to run the Country.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:38 am

I think that the Repugs have given up on the Black vote (particularly in light of the fact the the Angry White vote locks up the South, anyway), but are scratching their heads over why they didn't carry the Hispanic vote, after their primary candidates were vying with each other over who would catapult our Mexican population back into Mexico the farthest.

Their candidate's father was born in Mexico. He could have developed a sob story about how his father, born into a poor polygamous Mormon community in Mexico, entered America, worked hard, achieved his dreams, etc. etc. But, no. All that Mr. Romney wanted to do was emphasize how rich and out-of-touch he was, and how much he liked to fire people. This formula obviously worked in obtaining the Repugnican nomination, but only earned him 47% of the votes in the general election. Mitt even admitted that he had absolutely no desire even to meet his Mexican cousins. Instead, he wants to talk about how much he enjoys vacationing in Paris.

I'm guessing that the Repugs will pick Marco Rubio as the vice president, and soften some of their anti-Hispanic rhetoric.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:40 am

With respect to the Black vote: I think that the Repugs are only hoping that the Dems never field a charismatic Black candidate again, and that most Black folks will choose not to vote.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 11:35 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Do you really think that a Lesbian would stand a chance of winning the Republican nomination?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 3:00 pm

Raptor wrote:
Never accused everyone?

I never said racism didn't play a role in the Anti-Obama vote, but neither have I ever said that everyone who voted against Obama was a racist.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:52 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
With respect to the Black vote: I think that the Repugs are only hoping that the Dems never field a charismatic Black candidate again, and that most Black folks will choose not to vote.

According to the left it wouldn't matter since the "repugs" have such successful voter suppression.

ArrantPariah wrote:
Do you really think that a Lesbian would stand a chance of winning the Republican nomination?

Didn't know she is. I doubt you know, either.

Kraichgauer wrote:
I never said racism didn't play a role in the Anti-Obama vote, but neither have I ever said that everyone who voted against Obama was a racist.

Uh huh…………..

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

When did I ever say everyone who voted against Obama was a racist?
And regarding voter suppression engineered by Republicans to keep blacks from voting - I am happy to concede that it obviously didn't work. This last presidential election is proof of that - though not for Republicans trying.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2013, 8:27 am

Raptor wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Didn't know she is. I doubt you know, either.

Oh come on. You've never heard of Rice and Bean?

http://fromtheleft.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... a-lesbian/