Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 7:36 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Under Communism every child is your own child.

It's statements like these that make me distance myself from the radical left (despite the fact that I agree with certain aspects of Marxism).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

That absurdity is why communism fails. The child a man plants in a woman and which the woman bears is their child. Not the children of others. We can be kind to the children of others, but they are still NOT our children.

Revision: the children we bond with through adoption and fostering are just as much -our children- as children of biological descent. Once the bond is made with a child, he is your child, my child etc.

We behave differently concerning the children we bond with and those children we don't. We can be kind to non bonded children and we can even help them, be we can not feel the same way about them.

Normal humans will always favor their bond children over other children. And that is why communism or other forms of social collectivism cannot work in the long run. They do not come to terms with bonding. Even in so-called Communist North Korea you will notice it is Dear Leader's bond child who will succeed him, not some worthy child of the masses.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 11 Nov 2011, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Like I said, in theory.

And learned behaviour

@ username - androbot2084 - I know I agree with you but, are you a "troll"? - I am just wondering, your replies are awful short and declarative.

I apologise if such perception err from your intentions.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 7:48 pm

HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Like I said, in theory.

Not even in theory.

ruveyn

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

ruveyn wrote:
HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Like I said, in theory.

Not even in theory.

ruveyn

Objectively that is true
Subjectively that is not necesarily true

I believe I am more accepting of this concept due to being an antinatalist when it comes to already-born generations and an advocate for eugenetics when it comes to future generations.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Like I said, in theory.

And learned behaviour

@ username - androbot2084 - I know I agree with you but, are you a "troll"? - I am just wondering, your replies are awful short and declarative.

Oh androbot is better than a troll he is an AI-bot I think he is getting much better
he used to be horrible.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 9:21 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Like I said, in theory.

And learned behaviour

Oh androbot is better than a troll he is an AI-bot I think he is getting much better
he used to be horrible.

Are you serious? I cannot tell (this is not sarcasm)
Was that sarcasm?

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 10:36 pm

HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Like I said, in theory.

And learned behaviour

he used to be horrible.

Are you serious? I cannot tell (this is not sarcasm)
Was that sarcasm?

I may be wrong but I am serious.
@androbot2084 I apologize if I am wrong. :lol:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 10:39 pm

Here is why communism cannot sustain itself:

Assume your child (the one you begat or adopted and bonded with since he/she was young) was drowning and the neighbor's child was drowning and you can old save one. Which one do you save?

Ah ha! I thought so. People are hardwired to protect their own bonded children first and foremost. That is the way humans are. Communism demands we treat all equally. It will never, ever work. It is contrary to human nature.

ruveyn

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 2:14 am

androbot2084 wrote:
That's not a fault of Communism but rather a fault with humans.

humans are a product of their environment.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:10 am

androbot2084 wrote:
That's not a fault of Communism but rather a fault with humans.

There is nothing wrong with humans. The fact that we have evolved and survived is our claim to merit.

There is nothing wrong with dogs or snakes, either.

ruveyn

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 2:11 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Here is why communism cannot sustain itself:

Assume your child (the one you begat or adopted and bonded with since he/she was young) was drowning and the neighbor's child was drowning and you can old save one. Which one do you save?

Ah ha! I thought so. People are hardwired to protect their own bonded children first and foremost. That is the way humans are. Communism demands we treat all equally. It will never, ever work. It is contrary to human nature.

ruveyn

It could work one day when we get over our primitive instincts

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 6:27 am

ruveyn wrote:
HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:
Communism is the ultimate utopia.

In theory I agree.
It has been said that the fault with communism is that it goes against human nature, but how about when speaking of Aspie (human) nature?

People will always prefer their own children to the children of others. Commonality simply will not work.

ruveyn

have you ever read huxley's island? people always interpret this kind of thing in a very extreme way. i grew up in a working class community in the uk in the 1970s, and in that place at that time, people within the community looked out for one another. children weren't communal, but to a point the community did actually work like an extended family. it quite simply works.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 6:31 am

puddingmouse wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

It's statements like these that make me distance myself from the radical left (despite the fact that I agree with certain aspects of Marxism).

why? a community functioning as an extended family is, to me at least, far, far superior to the policies of the reformist left of heavy social intervention and children of parents who are experiencing difficulties of any sort being snatched by the state and either put in homes or with foster parents. i see very often first hand the inherent problems this system creates both for parents and children.

Adam Smith

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 7:44 am

peebo wrote:

have you ever read huxley's island? people always interpret this kind of thing in a very extreme way. i grew up in a working class community in the uk in the 1970s, and in that place at that time, people within the community looked out for one another. children weren't communal, but to a point the community did actually work like an extended family. it quite simply works.

Isn't -Island- a work of fiction? What does it have to do with reality?

It takes a village to raise an idealist who is out of touch with reality.

ruveyn

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

peebo wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

why? a community functioning as an extended family is, to me at least, far, far superior to the policies of the reformist left of heavy social intervention and children of parents who are experiencing difficulties of any sort being snatched by the state and either put in homes or with foster parents. i see very often first hand the inherent problems this system creates both for parents and children.

My problem is communal children. It doesn't work very well. The kibbutzim children were pretty traumatised by it and would sneak into their parents' houses in the night.

I'm all for a community functioning as an extended family; I believe that sort of thing agrees very well with human nature. However, social workers don't just intervene for any half-baked reason. You can do without them in a small community but in a big city, you need them.